Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
At the farm with a new Remington Bolt Conversion >

At the farm with a new Remington Bolt Conversion

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

At the farm with a new Remington Bolt Conversion

Old 12-12-2009, 12:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
Breechplug

The season ended 12/9 and i did not get a second opportunity, probably should have taken the first opportunity. I just could not get a shot that i wanted throught the brush and tree limbs.

I guess i left them for seed for next year....

We bumped them twice once on opening day, both Larry and i saw elk, then on Tuesday we bumped them again, never got to see this time, just heard them breaking brush and heading away from us. Guess we pushed them out of the area as we saw no fresh evidence from that time on. I was in again by myself on Monday and did find that possibly a cow and a calf had ventured back clear at the back of the unit. But since I was hunting by myself i was somewhat limited where I could go and still manage an animal if i got one down.
Darn Mike, not a very long Season for Elk is it! Good choice on waiting for the best shot, Im sure the man upstairs will grant your wish next year for being the Hunter you were this year.
(BP)