Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
I might need a muzzelloader, what kind >

I might need a muzzelloader, what kind

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I might need a muzzelloader, what kind

Old 11-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Spike

Default I might need a muzzelloader, what kind

here in alabama we now have a muzzelloader season that starts 5 days before gun season. I have a large buck pinpointed during daylight hours. I am thinking about buying a muzzeloader to take advantage of the first five days. If i buy one it will come from bass pro most likely, its the only good store around. I would then go to the range on saturday to become comfortable with it. Season starts monday. I need to find out if we can use a scope here in alabama. What do yall recomend for a first timer who knows 0 about muzzeloaders. Dont want to spend to much, but i dont buy junk either. I want something simple. Gun will be used first five days and then put up untill first five days of next year. Thanks Guys!!
Old 11-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Banned

cva accura or cva wolf
Old 11-10-2009, 04:24 PM
mountaineer magic

The Triumph , if that's to much then the T/C Omega

Old 11-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think the CVA Wolf is the gun for your situation - and I am NEVER wrong.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

i agree the triumph and omega bdc or none bdc scope. Or the omega and the omega scope. A perfect combo either way. Not just because i have one but because both are 250 yard guns with the omega scope. you will read many people are getting 2 inch or even 1 inch groups out and pass 200 yards.
Originally Posted by chetmarks
The Triumph , if that's to much then the T/C Omega
Old 11-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

T/C Omega--super simple design, mine is very accurate. Comes with open sights, drilled and tapped for scope bases.

Or, if you want something inexpensive, CVAs Kodiak or Optima are both simple guns and should work just dandy.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

The TC's are undoubtly good rifles but probably more $ than you want to spend. The CVA Wolf or Accura are good guns and can shoot as well as any T/C. If scopes are legal, don't 'over power' your ML. A good 4x or 1.5 - 4X or 2 - 7x would be a good choice.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Triumph is about the best and the easiest. The Knight Vision might be cheaper if they still are on sale.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking whats wrong with this picture?

I think, IMO, that you all are missing the bigger picture here.

Adding a gun to collection is a necessary thing people. The thread should NOT have started out with "I MIGHT need a muzzel loader", it should have started out with "I AM GETTING a muzzel loader", what should I get.

For the record, I don't have a muzzel loader myself so I look forward to more responses and advice.

Last edited by sconnyhunter; 11-10-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been very pleased with my T/C Omega.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.