Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
load for a triumph. >

load for a triumph.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

load for a triumph.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default load for a triumph.

Ok this week i will getting my tc triumph. i will be going to with the omega bcd scope.
What load do you guys recommend i start with the scope is setup for the 150 grains of powder and a shockwave 250 i think. So i figured i would start at either 100 or 150 and the shockwave. Hears my questions. Should i go with the bounded or normal shockwave for deer. Whats the diff. Also should start at the set 150 or drop down to 100. The scope is setup for max 250 on the marks so i want to be able to shoot that far if need be. Also should i go loose or pellets for my powder.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm using 2 pellets of Triple 7 magnums, Barnes Spit-Fire T-EZ 250gr., blue sabot, Federal primers, and a Leupold VX-II 3-9x40.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Spike

You probably want to go with the normal (non bonded) shockwave - IIRC the bonded may not expand on deer..

In case you didnt know (and from what I read in several places online and I assume it is correct) the 250 gr .45 Shockwave is the same as the Hornady FXT (flex tip/leverevolution) bullet (product # 45201)..

You can buy them for about $26/50 and sabots are about $9/50 = $0.75/shot which is about $11/15 and shockwaves are about $1/shot

I am shooting 90 gr of BlackMag 3, Hornady XTP (45 cal, .452), and MMP ez load sabots.. I tried the TC super glide load sabots last yr and they were very ez to load- the MMP's are much tighter in my Triumph..

brian