Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

White Whitetail

Old 10-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default White Whitetail

Just came across one for sale and was wondering about price and quality? It has a .504 bore ......................Harold
Old 10-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Dominant Buck

The Whitetail is a G series White rifle. Normally they had a 22 inch stainless steel barrel, the open hammer style striker system, two safety's, a single locking lug system, came in a number of stock options one being Myrtle wood, are built like a tank, and shoot a conical better then most people can hold a rifle.

I have a Bison which is the same thing, only a blued barrel, and it will just plain flat out shoot.

As for price, it mostly depends on the condition of the bore. Another thing to keep in mind is the company can't decide if they are in business or not. Doc White no longer owns White Rifles. There are parts out there. And that's why I got extra breech plugs, springs, you know, all the stuff that could wear out. All parts on Whites are normally interchangable.

I bought my Bison because the bore was bad. Figured I could use parts. Then I lapped the rust only out of the barrel and JB Bore Pasted it, and it turned out to be a great shooter. I paid $100.00 for it. I figured at that price the trigger and other parts were worth that. Never figured to get a good rifle out of it. Now I would never trade that.

My Model 97 which is a step up from the G series, I went as high as $299.99 for one. So check the bore, and look it over good, then decide how bad you want to shoot good..

Underclocked is really full of information on Whites. He kind of got me started with them actually.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Pioneer2

I am really trying to search for something bad to say about a White!

A couple of things come to mind....

1. They are not being made anymore.
2. The breech area gets 'Dirty' as does the shooter after awhile
3. They are hard to find

If you are not interested in following up on this rifle 'please' send me an email/PM as to where I might.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been described as "full of" many times.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sabotloader,
I am in the cabinet business and things are a little slower than I would like. I was wondering if you might need a few more gun cabinets before the end of the year?
Art
Old 10-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

flounder33

Now.... I do not have that many....