Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
TC Encore assembly question >

TC Encore assembly question

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Encore assembly question

Old 10-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default TC Encore assembly question

I took my Encore apart last night and have a question. There are two screws on the barrel lug, one on the bottom and one on the side. I unscrewed the one on the side to remove the extractor and had to remove the bottom one in order to reinsert the extractor. When I removed the bottom screw, a 1/4" long spring and a small metal piece came out of the hole when I removed the screw. I am wondering which piece (the screw or metal piece) goes in first before I reinsert the bottom screw. I've left TC customer service a message to call me back but figured someone here might know the answer.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jcpopejr
I took my Encore apart last night and have a question. There are two screws on the barrel lug, one on the bottom and one on the side. I unscrewed the one on the side to remove the extractor and had to remove the bottom one in order to reinsert the extractor. When I removed the bottom screw, a 1/4" long spring and a small metal piece came out of the hole when I removed the screw. I am wondering which piece (the screw or metal piece) goes in first before I reinsert the bottom screw. I've left TC customer service a message to call me back but figured someone here might know the answer.
I don't have the extractor in mine, i found it to be little use on my encore . all i had to do was remover the screw on the side and the extractor came out then the spring . I put the screw back in , so i don't lose it , in case i ever put the extractor back on . I found that i could remove the 209 primers and now the .25 acp brass with out the extractor just fine . I don't have a screw on the bottom of mine just the side

Last edited by UtahRob; 10-05-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

The little metal piece that came out with the spring is a "detent". It will go in first, thin end down. Then the spring and then the screw.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:26 AM
Fork Horn

I never thought of just removing the extractor. Good idea Utah. I'll give it a try at the range this week to see how I like that idea.

Thanks for the reply SWT. Do you know the purpose of the detent and spring? Just curious because it doesn't seem to serve any purpose except for holding the extractor and I thought that was what the side screw was for.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jcpopejr
I never thought of just removing the extractor. Good idea Utah. I'll give it a try at the range this week to see how I like that idea.

Thanks for the reply SWT. Do you know the purpose of the detent and spring? Just curious because it doesn't seem to serve any purpose except for holding the extractor and I thought that was what the side screw was for.
The side screw is the retainer. The detent and spring are what allows the extractor to pop back into position when you turn it back up. It also performs the same duty when you rotate it to the side. It holds it in place.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

Thank you sir!
Old 10-07-2009, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

. When you close your Encore it pushes the primer and extractor and spring in , when you open you encore the spring pushed the extractor and primer out . I got a swivel extractor and right after i got it i closed my gun WITHOUT putting it back in the upright position and ruined it and put a nick in my encore . GRRRRR That 's when i took it out a learned it was not really needed . Just another gimmick IMO .
Old 10-07-2009, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Utah Rob
Have you ever considered using a Triumph Speed Breach plug, I have been wondering if that would work. I guess I might have to do some measuring. The one thing I really don't care for on my Endeavor is that extractor and the big gouge in the back of the plug thats cut out for it. Lee
Old 10-07-2009, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by lemoyne
Utah Rob
Have you ever considered using a Triumph Speed Breach plug, I have been wondering if that would work. I guess I might have to do some measuring. The one thing I really don't care for on my Endeavor is that extractor and the big gouge in the back of the plug thats cut out for it. Lee
What don't you like about it?
Old 10-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Putting a 209 on with that extractor in the way is clumsy and awkward compared to putting a 209 on the Triumph and keeping it in the right place so the gun closes when I am in a hurry.
Lee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.