Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Omega/Triumph????????? >

Omega/Triumph?????????

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Omega/Triumph?????????

Old 10-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default Omega/Triumph?????????

I am new to the forum so if this question has been asked before please forgive me. I have been hunting and fishing all my life,(I'm 63) but I haven't been BP hunting very long and currently am shooting a Knight Revolution (which has been very good to me) but I am up for a new one and am looking at a TC product be it the Omega or the Triumph, I think they are both very capable, but after reading some of the posts I can see some very knowledgeable people here and I hope I can benefit from your advise. Thanks DocD
Old 10-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Love my omega. I can't imagine they can get much better for performance and simplicity. But then again, if I had the extra money to do it over again---sure, why not the triumph? It seems pretty nice!
Old 10-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well , I have an Omega ,a Triumph and an Endeavor.
Now if I was going to buy one more the first one that comes to mind is the Bone Collector. I find the Triumph the easy to shoot easy to load and just a bit more accurate than the others and one of the things I like a lot about the Endeavor is the reduction of recoil with some of the heavy loads of BH I have been using. The Bone Collector has it all. On the other hand if you want the cheapest really good gun around then look at the Z5 Omega, the one thing I would recommend a Endeavor for is the barrel changing capability. I am looking at several other barrels for mine including a Bergara 45 [which I am having trouble making up my mind on], I really don't see any special advantage in a 45 they a a bit faster in some instances but the pressure goes up to. I guess I am looking for one to play with I really don't need more guns as the wife says she would like to see me shoot more than one at a time.

Last edited by lemoyne; 10-05-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Triumph would easily be my choice.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:46 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks a lot. I was leaning towards the Triumph, I just wanted to be sure, being hunting season is so close I will probably use the "Knight" one more season (maybe not, it will depend on if I can get everything lined up or not ). I will keep you posted. Thanks again, Doc. ps Lee, Nice deer!!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 04:43 AM
Fork Horn

I too, not long ago was in the same position as yourself. After some research and reading this forum I chose the Triumph. I wanted something accurate out of the box, reliable, easy to maintain, and fun to shoot. I am well pleased with my Triumph and I don't think you'll go wrong by purchasing one. Our muzzleloader season starts this coming Sat. and I'm confident the Triumph will get it done!
Old 10-05-2009, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Only thing I might add to that is that the Triumph is designed with a scope in mind whereas the Omega feels a little better with open sights, so depending on state regs that might limit you some. I'm required to hunt with open sights or I would probably have a Triumph already.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

My Omega shoots great and is not at all temperamental about bullets/powders.I see little advantage with the newer models so if I were buying now I would just go with whichever I could get the best deal on.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Only thing I might add to that is that the Triumph is designed with a scope in mind whereas the Omega feels a little better with open sights, so depending on state regs that might limit you some. I'm required to hunt with open sights or I would probably have a Triumph already.
Good Point, One I had not considered, The state I hunt in does not allow scopes on ML's I will take an interest in this. Although I must say the "Knight Revolution" has about the worst open sights I have experienced, so the "Triumph" sights might be a great improvement, SuperKirby, Thanks for the input, Doc
Old 10-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DocD
Good Point, One I had not considered, The state I hunt in does not allow scopes on ML's I will take an interest in this. Although I must say the "Knight Revolution" has about the worst open sights I have experienced, so the "Triumph" sights might be a great improvement, SuperKirby, Thanks for the input, Doc
Check out the Omega X7 -- factory peep sights, nice short/light little rifle. I LOVE mine.

Personally, I don't like break actions.

If you go with an Omega, don't get the cheap composite stock. Pay a little more for a nice laminate one.

The only thing with the X7 or any TC gun with open sights is that some come with a front post the wrong height. If the gun won't zero, call TC and they will send you a taller/shorter one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.