Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
CVA's Great American Shootout >

CVA's Great American Shootout

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA's Great American Shootout

Old 10-04-2009, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Underclocked
"CVA makes a decent gun for the money but they just don't compare to a TC"

You need to check out a couple of more recent CVA models. They more than compare.

IMO, the time is soon coming, when the CVA Apex will be the new standard - to compare other like models too.....

With the Apex, CVA will be back in the Top Quality, Driver's Seat...
Old 10-04-2009, 03:47 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by LaneNebraska
IMO, the time is soon coming, when the CVA Apex will be the new standard - to compare other like models too.....

With the Apex, CVA will be back in the Top Quality, Driver's Seat...
"Back" in the top quality driver's seat. In the past They've been anything but top quality . It's only been recently that they have been improving in that area,

Old 10-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Banned

not really, they've had very good quality rifles for an affordable price. That optima i had would do the same groups that my accura does, but with powerbelts. Heck my brothers 1987 cva hawken is still in perfect working order and the original barrel is still printing 2" groups @ 100 with Patched ball.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by chetmarks
"Back" in the top quality driver's seat. In the past They've been anything but top quality . It's only been recently that they have been improving in that area,

Very true Chet, I stand corrected.

CVA has indeed made the up-hill climb to top quality in the Accura and Apex.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:41 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by chetmarks

do you remember the bobcat..... it never went off, but i do love my optima
Old 10-07-2009, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

my first gun was a TC Black Diamond lasted about a month got rid of it and I have been a CVA shooter for the last 10 years
Old 10-07-2009, 08:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

-There's pieces on shrapnel still in my shoulder from one some was shooting on the line in competition back in th 70's. So I always have some of one close. Lee
Old 10-08-2009, 03:50 AM
Fork Horn

Correct me if I am wrong but haven't I read a few articles of the CVA "blowing up"? I don't want to start a debate or "Bash" CVA but before I purchased a CVA I would be doing some reading and make an informed decision, (just say'in) Doc
Old 10-08-2009, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

CVA is now putting Bergara barrels on several of their rifle models. The Bergara barrels are about as good as it gets.

Much of what you read that is negative about CVA rifles was/is pushed by one person.

I wouldn't advocate anyone buy a rifle that I felt was remotely dangerous if used properly. I certainly recommend both the Accura and the Apex by CVA.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Spike

I been shooting cva guns for 10yrs now, i never had a problem out of them! I know that my uncle and a friend both bought t/c and paid twice as much as my cva, needless to say they both sold the t/c and bought cva after they saw what they could do!