Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
CVA's Great American Shootout >

CVA's Great American Shootout

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA's Great American Shootout

Old 10-03-2009, 05:11 PM
mountaineer magic

Default CVA's Great American Shootout

I was looking at the CVA website . They have a section that is titled the Great American Shootout. They compare features of CVA with T/C guns. For example they show the Omega and the Kodiak pro, the Triumph and the Accura etc. They call it the Great American Shoot out. But since only the T/C's are American wouldn't a more accurate title be The Great Spanish -American Shoot out?

Old 10-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Banned

probably but hey, they are the #1 selling muzzleloader in America.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
probably but hey, they are the #1 selling muzzleloader in America.
Dats a fact Jack
Old 10-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Spike

i dont like how they just compare it to the regular encore...the pro hunter or endeavor wouldnt make the apex look as good as it does vs the regular encore...the apex looks interesting though...looks like a sweet shooter...
Old 10-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

That shows a lot of people buy the lowest priced item.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:50 PM
kb1
Fork Horn

I sure don't mind paying a little more to have americans make my firearms...karl
Old 10-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Banned

CVA uses solid stocks, therefore eliminating $300 worth of extra fanvy named rubber inserts that the endeavor / pro hunter charges you for.

I see the Accura with the Apex's speed plug in the next year or 2. Wont that be sweet?!
Old 10-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Typical Buck

Don't get me wrong, CVA makes a decent gun for the money but they just don't compare to a TC. My first ML was a TC and I've had it 15 years and it will still shoot with the best of em.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

"CVA makes a decent gun for the money but they just don't compare to a TC"

You need to check out a couple of more recent CVA models. They more than compare.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Underclocked
"CVA makes a decent gun for the money but they just don't compare to a TC"

You need to check out a couple of more recent CVA models. They more than compare.
The only thing that impressed me enough to buy a TC was interchangeable barrels. The CVA is consistant and from the way I heard it, the barrels are the only thing with a foreign heritage, I even read that they are made for CVA (copied from the spanish version) at the CVA factory...I may be wrong, but for the price and stoutness...my CVA will be the only Muzzy I will shoot, unless I have the thousands to by a TC and a few extra caliber barrels to interchange. Only sharing my opinion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.