Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight elite 45cal  good buy ? >

Knight elite 45cal good buy ?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight elite 45cal good buy ?

Old 09-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

Hi Lane

I swabbed after every shot...not to wet not to dry, looked for a nice smooth bore. As far as grease, I didn't use any, I'm using teflon tape instead of grease.

I'm thinking I may have to increase the charge a bit. According to the Knight owners guide, it recommends between 120 and 150 grains. I was right at 110 grains volume.

Lehighs web site recommends using Blackhorn 209. I'll try a nice stout load of BH with both the 175 and 195 grain Barnes bullet.

I am happy with shooting a sub-1-inch right out of the box with my new ML. kl
Old 09-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by klundin2000
Hi Lane

I swabbed after every shot...not to wet not to dry, looked for a nice smooth bore. As far as grease, I didn't use any, I'm using teflon tape instead of grease.

I'm thinking I may have to increase the charge a bit. According to the Knight owners guide, it recommends between 120 and 150 grains. I was right at 110 grains volume.

Lehighs web site recommends using Blackhorn 209. I'll try a nice stout load of BH with both the 175 and 195 grain Barnes bullet.

I am happy with shooting a sub-1-inch right out of the box with my new ML. kl

I've shot the 175 Barnes with 130g BH209, get about 1-1.5 inch groups from my LeadSled. About 2534fps. These are stout loads and require ALOT of barrel cooling time between shots!
I advise you use Only new Red FPJ's with every shot, and do not reuse them. Cause they get stretched out and allow TOO much blowback=feel powder on your cheek and forehead

Last edited by LaneNebraska; 09-15-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:42 AM
Spike

A new .45 cal Elite came in yesterday. It is never fired and new in box . orange sticker original price $529.99. I paid 200.00 . Scope base I bought from Gander Mountain earlier is wrong size. Too flat and diffrent hole aparts. What is number Weaver base ? Something just captured in my mind recent forums abt a new 209 plug. I will try up to 120 gr t7 f2 with SST and SW to narrow the aim with Nikon Prostaff after bore sighter.