Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight elite 45cal  good buy ? >

Knight elite 45cal good buy ?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight elite 45cal good buy ?

Old 09-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
To much IMO. I bought a thumbhole /SS CVA Accura for that price.
45 cal Elites RULE, Accuras drool :ha ppy0001:
Old 09-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Banned

Someone should start an Elite post and show what they can do.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

FG

An Elite post might not be your best thought, because then you allow the 50 cal Elite in also and there isn't much that will shoot as consistent as it does with or without BH.

Further the mechanics of the Elte/Extreme series are so simple - there just isn't much to break or wear out. Extremly easy to clean - extremly easiy to break down to the basic parts. Adjustable trigger, one piece solid stock, wood or synthetic, mono barrel action. The Elite/Extreme series is a lifetime gun... no hinges to wear out, no locking mechanisms to wear, no internal mechanism that can not be removed with nothing more than a simple screw driver or allen wrench.

and do not get me wrong I am not saying that the Accra is a bad gun because it is not, i think CVA has really stepped up with its production.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to have to side with Knight on this one. I like the Accura, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one, but if I was looking for a long term investment type gun, I would pick Knight every time.

Vince
Old 09-05-2009, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I cannot say much about the Accura as I have never shot one. Anyway this is suppose to be a thread about elites until jon tried to turn it into an Accura commercial.
The Knight disc elite is a classic gun that never should have been discontinued. Keep looking and you might find one for less. Maybe the store owner would be willing to go down a bit.
Remember Quality is remembered after price is long forgotten.
Art
Old 09-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

WiseWood

http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/ph...ic.php?t=13667
Old 09-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Banned

What commercial? Just stating a big ol fat fact that for $370 you can get something good on the market that you wont have to worry about replacement parts later down the road.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:38 PM
kb1
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
What commercial? Just stating a big ol fat fact that for $370 you can get something good on the market that you wont have to worry about replacement parts later down the road.
i've bought 2 more knights since they closed,I aint askeert.....karl
Old 09-05-2009, 05:21 PM
mountaineer magic

It might seem a little high but i think I would get it. I have 4 knights. And I wouldn't trade any of them. Given a choice between the Knight or an Accura or any CVA gun for that matter and I would take the Knight even if it cost double the CVA. As matter of fact if you get it and don't like it let me know. We can always work something out.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Banned

There ya knight sellers go!! Someone willing to pay double the price!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.