Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight Long Range Hunter >

Knight Long Range Hunter

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Long Range Hunter

Old 08-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Fork Horn

Earnhard3

Where did you get those tube like containers to hold the pre-measured powder??? I'm using 35mm film canisters which work....but those little tubes look handy.

I picked up the Knight LRH last week for $299.99 here in Wisconsin so I'm sort of in the same boat as you are. I ordered the bulk PT Golds (50 per bag for about $21) which is about half the price of the packaged bullets. Last year I bought the Disc Extreme and followed Toby's advice with the bh209, PT golds, CCI M primers. Most of my 3-shot groups were under an inch with my best group measuring 0.426" c-t-c. One thing I do differently is use a more powerful scope during load development. Usually a 6x20 or 4x12 Leupold so I can adjust the parallax. During load development, I think it's smart to remove as much of the scope error as possible. I bought the same scope you have for hunting, which is just wonderful. I'll install that scope once I find the best load powder combo with my other scopes. kl
Old 08-15-2009, 04:00 AM
Spike

i think this will do for the tubes. I will be buying a 250 pack for me and dad. I will pickup a MTM shot shell plastic box to hold them

http://www.testtubesonline.com/10ml_.../421-0005w.htm