Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Input on the Encore?? >

Input on the Encore??

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Input on the Encore??

Old 05-03-2003, 07:26 AM

Default Input on the Encore??

I was looking into the purchase of a T/C Encore. I don' t have much info on em and was wondering if you guys knew all the different barrels that fit the gun, or any other specs that will help me in making my decision.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Input on the Encore??

I have the 50 cal and 45 cal barrel for mine and love it. I don' t have any other barrels because I am partical to my bolts for regular deer season,but I plan to get a regular barrel to play with sometime.I hear that they are very accurate and you can get most cals you want for it.
You can check out the rest of the black powder on here and get some good info from other fellows that have them
Old 05-06-2003, 03:23 PM

I' ve held them before, and loved how it balanced with the .50 cal barrel. I' m not sure if it is as nice with others. I think there is a huge list of available barrels on the T/C website. Everything from slugs...... Price kept me from having one of my own, but maybe one day!
Old 05-07-2003, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

bspittman,
I have the 209x50 Encore and really like it. I used to have a cashe of hunting arms and have since relegated them to the abyss.
The Encore is the most comfortable and accurate rifle I have ever had the pleasure of shooting. There are a smattering of barrel choices to match any type of hunting you should want to do. Switching out the barrels takes only 30 seconds.
Go for it...I do not think you will regret it![:-]
Old 05-08-2003, 08:37 AM

mlaubner, I appreciate it. I was kinda thinking along the same lines. I have over 40 firearms and was wanting to cut down a little. I figured the Encore would help me out. I could just get different barrels instead of whole rifles. I don' t have a lot of info on the Encore yet, but just got a couple of reviews for it and hope to be purchasing one soon. Thanks.
Old 05-15-2003, 12:02 PM

Can you buy a muzzleloader encore, and then also purchase a rifle barrel, such as a 30-06 or whatever. Or do you need a different receiver? What is the price of an encore muzzleloader and can I covert it to a rifled barrel? Thanks
Old 05-15-2003, 04:00 PM
Typical Buck

Matthews,
I posted to your other thread.
Old 05-18-2003, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

Just an FYI. I have a walnut stocked encore and it totally fits and feels much better than the synthetic version. I don' t know why but it locks down on my shoulder/cheek so sweet but I really wanted the synthetic up to that point. I love the walnut so much you might want to compare and find out for yourself.