Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Gold Dots

Old 05-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Gold Dots

At the moment Midsouth has .452 300gr God Dots in stock. This bullet has been on my short list to try in my Knight KRB7. Ordered 4 boxes of 50 and 4 boxes of Black Crushed Rib sabots. Every place I have looked lately is either out of them or doesn't carry them. I also found Barnes Expanders 300gr (Knight Red Hots) on Knights site box of 18 for $13 and some change so I got 4 boxes of them. I got to get out and shoot.....I haven't poped a cap since the Illinois Muzzleloader Season two weeks after Thanksgiving.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Gold Dots

I haven't poped a cap since the Illinois Muzzleloader Season two weeks after Thanksgiving.
Hurry to the range sjsfire. You are in grave danger of offending the ML gods. No good can come of that.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

I noticed MidSouthhas the 300's but not the 250's. [:@]

Butfound the 250 Gold Dotsyesterday on Gamaliel's and ordered some online. I expected an e-mail today from them saying they are out of stock... but nothing yet. They have them listed as .451's, but they are .452 as per the Speer stock number. (maybe that's why they still have them in stock ?)

I use the .452 G.D's in my T/C with the Harvester Short Black... and in the Knightwith the MMP Short Black.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know Semi......I need to please the gods. Had a rough Winter and Spring with back issues and surgery to repair two blown disks, bone spurs, and spinal stenosis. Atleast I can nowsneeze and not piss down my leg from the pain..

rt con, I've always had a soft spot in my heart for those 300gr bullets, especially the Barnes Expanders. They do a real number on deer.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

this is the only bullet I use anylonger. Expands well when using them in deer(haven't recovered one yet but it leaves big holes on the 4 deer I've killed with it) and should handle everything from elk to hogs... now only if I could afford a nice elk hunt... Didn't get a Kentucky tag this year... try again next year...

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

At the moment Midsouth has .452 300gr God Dots in stock. This bullet has been on my short list to try in my Knight KRB7. .