Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

How to?

Old 05-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default How to?

I have attempted to upload a few pictures to this forum but so far have been unsuccessful. My pictures are in the 700 - 800 KB range and the limit to upload is 100 KB.

Can anyone out there help this computer challanged flintlocking dinasaur understand how to post pictures?
Old 05-18-2009, 02:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How to?

What I do is have an account at Photobucket.com. I then upload from the computer to that site. After I have it uploaded to Photobucket, you will see some choices for the picture. I click on "direct link" and copy that to my clip board.

Then at the forum here, in the post, I click the image icon at the very end of the upper tray. It will then give you an address link. Click your cursor in there, and then paste the address of the picture from Photobucket into that link and enter it. The picture should then appear in the post.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Mr.Flintlock

If you want to upload from your hard drive they must resized to less than 100KB. There are several programs you can do this with but problably one of the more common ones that you have is MS Paint. Load the picture into the Paint program and pyhsically reduce the size of the picture - just make it smaller - save it to your desktop then check the properties of the pic and see if it is less than 100kb

A more common way is to go online to:

www.photobucket.com

Register yourself then upload your pictures to them. When your picture up-loads and you save it there just put you mouse on the picture and copy the 'Driect Link' address such at this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...highLength.jpg

Paste it in your message as I have done... All you have to do now is get the .

()

So the final line will look like this - but I have changed the brackets before and after [img] to parenthesis so you can see the line.

When you are done click ok and the picture should show up like this...

Get you account set up on photobucket (it is free) and then let me know and I will help you through.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

MR.Flintlock,
Here is a tutorial on posting pictures that helped me a lot, step by step, (just a suggestion)

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2821708