Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 posted from another board,  WTS Lyman .54 GPR >

posted from another board, WTS Lyman .54 GPR

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

posted from another board, WTS Lyman .54 GPR

Old 03-02-2009, 04:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default posted from another board, WTS Lyman .54 GPR

Go to Doug's message board and look in the Buy-sell-trade:

http://dougsmessageboards.proboards....amp;thread=797

I am no longer interested in side hammers, I am in no way connected to this, I thought someone here might like this rifle and it might be of interest to many here. the following is the description I copied and pasted here, click the link to see the photos. Ken

"Here is the story on this great gun. I purchased it a while back off a guy who put it together from a kit.
This guy is very meticulous about his stuff, he did a little extra work around the cheek piece and put a set of after market Lyman sights on it, did a real nice job on it. He shot the gun about 20 times and cleaned meticulously, he said that he was going to all Flintlock. Well I bought the gun for $325, with the intention of keeping it and shooting it. I acutally took it to the range with him, and we shot it @ 25 yds dead on right to left one inch high, @ 100 yds. I put 2 shots side by side touching 4 inches low so I know the gun will shoot. So the gun has been shot a total of 23 times give or take a shot, and clean and oiled beyond meticulous. The problem is (If you want to call it a problem) is that I am about to recieve a custom full stock flinter from Steve Zihn in .54., and do not really need this one and have decided to sell it to fund a matching pistol for my custom. I will take what I have in this gun plus shipping. In the past I have always marked them down as they sat here. I cannot do that with this one it just shoots to good. And I guess I will just have to find another way to fund the pistol project. Thanks for looking."