Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 First hog with my T/C Encore Endeavor >

First hog with my T/C Encore Endeavor

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

First hog with my T/C Encore Endeavor

Old 02-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default First hog with my T/C Encore Endeavor

Big thanks to Jim (gobbler getter) for letting me shoot this hog. He put me in a stand about 60 yards from a feeder. This is the same site where he took his hog with his Savage a few weeks ago. He had trail cam pics of these hogs coming consistantly at the same time. No more than 5 minutes after my butt hit the seat, two hogs came out. They were skirting the feeder in the high grass checking everything out before making their way into the open. The larger red one lead the smaller black one on their approach to the feeder. As soon as she gave me a shot I took it. She turned at the last split second and the bullet entered the left side of her neck and exited her right side rib cage leaving a fist size hole.

Entrance...

Exit...

I was very impressed with how the Endeavor performed. It was pouring rain and the entire rifle was soaked. I was shooting a Barnes 290g T-EZ with 120g BH209 and a CCI 209M primer. I reloaded after the shot and fired off that load before I left the property. Both times the Endeavor fired the load off flawlessly. The heavy moisture had no affect at all. It was clear as day how well the T-EZ performed when we opened her up. There was absolutely no fragmentation. It appeared as though the bullet expanded perfectly like it was suppose to and exited the hog. And itnicked the spine and tore throughtwo ribs on it's way out.

Again, a big thanks goes to Jim! Not only did he let me shoot this hog, but he pretty much cleaned the whole hog for me also. What a guy!!!
Old 02-28-2009, 08:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: First hog with my T/C Encore Endeavor

Congratulations on the hog there. And a big kudos to Gobbler Getter for sharing a hunt with someone and helping like he did. That's great.

That load and rifle sure did the trick on that hog. That is some hole you put through Porky there. Nice job...
Old 03-01-2009, 02:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the hog. That size is some good eating.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

Congratulations on the pig. What sabot were you using withe the 290 T-EZ. I've been thinking about trying it in my Endeavor.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Beautiful, congrats. Where ya at that your in shirt sleaves? Florida? Ga? I wanna try the T-EZ myself, they look like they would fly beautiful in my Savage. What does Gobbler Getter shoot in his Savage for pigs? They are pretty heavy boned and very thick skin so the bullet must be "well constructed/designed". Chap
Old 03-01-2009, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congratulations. Lee
Old 03-01-2009, 07:11 AM
Typical Buck

Nice hog and good eating. Nice shot placement as well.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:56 AM
Fork Horn

Nice work there
I'm going hog hunting for the first time with my triumph at the end of this month.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the kill,one day i'll get to try it.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SHulion

Congratulations on the pig. What sabot were you using withe the 290 T-EZ. I've been thinking about trying it in my Endeavor.
The one that's supplied with it. I've tried the T-EZ with a Harvester black CR sabot and it shoots pretty much the same.

Quick Reply: First hog with my T/C Encore Endeavor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.