HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First hog with my T/C Encore Endeavor
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 07:42 PM
SWThomas
Nontypical Buck

Default First hog with my T/C Encore Endeavor

Big thanks to Jim (gobbler getter) for letting me shoot this hog. He put me in a stand about 60 yards from a feeder. This is the same site where he took his hog with his Savage a few weeks ago. He had trail cam pics of these hogs coming consistantly at the same time. No more than 5 minutes after my butt hit the seat, two hogs came out. They were skirting the feeder in the high grass checking everything out before making their way into the open. The larger red one lead the smaller black one on their approach to the feeder. As soon as she gave me a shot I took it. She turned at the last split second and the bullet entered the left side of her neck and exited her right side rib cage leaving a fist size hole.

Entrance...

Exit...

I was very impressed with how the Endeavor performed. It was pouring rain and the entire rifle was soaked. I was shooting a Barnes 290g T-EZ with 120g BH209 and a CCI 209M primer. I reloaded after the shot and fired off that load before I left the property. Both times the Endeavor fired the load off flawlessly. The heavy moisture had no affect at all. It was clear as day how well the T-EZ performed when we opened her up. There was absolutely no fragmentation. It appeared as though the bullet expanded perfectly like it was suppose to and exited the hog. And itnicked the spine and tore throughtwo ribs on it's way out.

Again, a big thanks goes to Jim! Not only did he let me shoot this hog, but he pretty much cleaned the whole hog for me also. What a guy!!!