Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 What's the hottest #11 >

What's the hottest #11

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What's the hottest #11

Old 02-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's the hottest #11

uld rate her an 11 though.
Anyway, I guess you are talking percussion caps. I have to agree with Gayugad on the std CCIs. I've had a few hangfires with them. The CCI Magnums are pretty goo
ORIGINAL: bronko22000

I think Marissa Torme is a good 10 - I don't think I would rate her an 11 though.
Anyway, I guess you are talking percussion caps. I have to agree with Gayugad on the std CCIs. I've had a few hangfires with them. The CCI Magnums are pretty good. I also picked up a bunch of Winchester #11 Mags at Walmart at the end of the season for something like $2.50 a tin. I hope they work good cause I grabbed about 5 or 6 tins.
I like those Winchesters. That's what I've used. I've used Remingtons also and they were okay but I wasn't too found of them. The Winchesters seemed slightly better when it came to missfires but I also figured out after cleaning it I needed to shoot a few caps through it before loading it or it wouldn't fire most of the time. I'm not sure if the Remingtons were my problem or if that was as I've been doing it now before using the Winchesters.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys i picked up some cci magnum's today
Old 02-25-2009, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

RWS Dynamite Noble is the best that I have ever used.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:21 AM
Fork Horn

RWS are the only ones I use anymore though I've never had any problems with ignition concerningthe CCI mags.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:06 AM
Fork Horn

I have had good success with CCI standard#11 and with the CCI maginum #11. They are easy to find on store shelves. My advice to you is to use the old ones for practice and try different brands and find which brand your rifle likes best.

If you experience problems with hangfires or misfires you mighttry using regular black powder. It dosen't take as much heat to ignite as some of the black powder substutes.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you want to eliminate some of the problem you might consider getting a musket nipple and some musket caps; in some of my inlines I use the in preference to 209 primers and they are very consistent in the Hawken and Renegade. Lee
Old 02-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thank again guys, i just want to give the gun a fair chance.Since i don't know the gun, i wanted to get a fresh hot #11, and go from there.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lemoyne

If you want to eliminate some of the problem you might consider getting a musket nipple and some musket caps; in some of my inlines I use the in preference to 209 primers and they are very consistent in the Hawken and Renegade. Lee

I got a extra one in the gun room,just in case