Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Involuntary Customer Service Test - Update #3 >

Involuntary Customer Service Test - Update #3

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Involuntary Customer Service Test - Update #3

Old 02-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Involuntary Customer Service Test - Update #3

From the LYMAN website:

Lyman Muzzleloaders For factory warranty service or repairs, please direct your Lyman muzzleloader as follows: Great Plains Rifle, Trade Rifle, Deerstalker Rifle, Plains Pistol, Mustang Breakaway™ 209 Magnum Rifle

Dixon Muzzleloading
9952 Kunkels Mill Road
Kempton, PA 19529
(610) 756-6271

2/12/09 - Mailed receiver assembly to Dixon Muzzleloading with letter via USPS. Cost (with insurance) $21.42.
2/17/09 - Tracking report "Delivered 2.45 p.m."
2/21/09 - Received letterfrom Dixon stating:

"Dixon does not work on Mustang - Only side lock guns. Book is a printed error. Am sending action on to Lyman. Lyman will return to you. Date shipped 2/18/09".
UPDATED 4/15/09

2/22/09 - I used the "Contact Us" e-mail form on the Lyman web site torecommendthe web page be corrected.

3/11/09 - Checked Lyman web site. It still says to send Mustangs to Dixon.

3/11/09 - Used my regular e-mail system to send Lyman Customer Service another note about the web page error.

3/25/09 - Checked Lyman web site. Mustangs are no longer listed with theguns to send to Dixon for repair.

4/15/09 -Still have not heard anything from Lyman. Called their toll free customer service number. After taking my name and address the nice lady says "I don't see
any record of us receivingthat. It shows you ordered a breech plug in January as the last transaction." Then she says "hold on, let me check something".
After a few minutes she comes back on the lineand says "OK, we have your Mustang receiver. It was logged in under Dixon's name rather than yours, but
I know it's yours because it has a tag with your name and address attachedto the trigger guard." I say "yeah, I put that tag on it. I also included a letter
about the broken firing pin and asking that the trigger pull be addressed. It has the worst trigger pullof any gun I've ever owned" She says "yes, theMustang
has a heavy pull." Then she says "nothing has been done with it yet. I don't think we have the parts for it. Butthe technicianthat has it is at lunch right now. Let
me check with him when he gets back, and I'll call you with an update."

4/15/09 - The customer service lady called back after about thirty minutes. "Good news" she says "we have the parts for your gun and the technician is working on it now.You should have itback in a few weeks."

The only good thing about all of this is that she didn't say anything about a repair charge, so maybe there won't be any even though the gun is a year out of warranty.

UPDATED 05/23/09.

5/23/09 - Well, the Mustang's receiver arrived back from Lyman today - only three months and twelve days from the day I mailed it off(great response time there Lyman ).

What's good:The firing pin mechanism is fixed and they evidently did the trigger job I asked for because the creep is gone andthe triggerbreaks crisplyat what I judge to be around
three pounds. Also, they did not bill me for the repair.
What's not good: The dang sliding tangsafety no longer works. [:@] Operating the top lever to break open the action is supposed to automatically kick the slide safety into the safe position.
Itdoes not do that now. If I put in the the "safe" position manually and pull the trigger, the gun will still fire. I am PISSED!!!

Old 02-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Involuntary Customer Service Test - Update #1

Are they sending it to Italy??? [&:][&:][&:]
Old 02-21-2009, 09:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have no idea.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope things work out. It is a crappy feeling to have a gun out of commission.
Art
Old 02-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing like false advertisement,sounds like they are going to send it out to them.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lyman customer service, I came away frommy oneexperience wondering why they even botherpretending to have such a thing.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:55 PM

Ouch...

Might turn out to be no big deal (& hope that's the case), but I can see where you wouldn't have a warm fuzzy feeling at this point. That's a helluva printing error.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Update 2 added to original post 4/15/09.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

They must be planning on doing a good job on it anyway if he will be working on it for a few weeks.
Art
Old 04-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

At least you're getting some positive answers. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Involuntary Customer Service Test - Update #3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.