Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Best DVD/Video For teaching Turkey calling? >

Best DVD/Video For teaching Turkey calling?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Best DVD/Video For teaching Turkey calling?

Old 02-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Spike

Default Best DVD/Video For teaching Turkey calling?

I hunt Turkey's with a black powder shot gun. I need some help with my box & slate calling techniques. What's the best video/dvd forme to get?
Old 02-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best DVD/Video For teaching Turkey calling?

I really don't know i just kep practicing over and over no two turkeys sound the same
Old 02-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Dominant Buck

When I was a kid, a neighbor lived near us. He was from originally fromArkansas and he used to make turkey calls. Being young, it fascinated me. He would then test them and tell me which calls were which and how to use them. He made me a call, but like all kids I lost it somewhere. He said I was pretty good with it. You could not prove it by me. BUT he might of just been being nice to a small boy.

When I got older and decided to turkey hunt, I bought a Lynch box call and a cassettetape. I then practiced mimicking those calls on the tape. And my first year turkey hunting I about died of shock when I called three legal shooter toms into the decoys.

I also use a Quaker Boy mouth call to cluck and for when I can't move my hands. As for a video.. I have no idea of one but I am sure they are out there.

Now we have turkey near my house. And when I hear them out in the woods, I break out the Lynch box call and chalk it all up and start talking to them. I really get a kick out of calling them into the yard.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

Primos Mastering The Art (guide to spring turkey hunting) its an all around good instructional dvd for turkey hunting. Of coarse it's geared towards primos calls, but techniques and instruction can be used on other brands of calls.