HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best DVD/Video For teaching Turkey calling?
Old 02-20-2009, 07:18 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Best DVD/Video For teaching Turkey calling?

When I was a kid, a neighbor lived near us. He was from originally fromArkansas and he used to make turkey calls. Being young, it fascinated me. He would then test them and tell me which calls were which and how to use them. He made me a call, but like all kids I lost it somewhere. He said I was pretty good with it. You could not prove it by me. BUT he might of just been being nice to a small boy.

When I got older and decided to turkey hunt, I bought a Lynch box call and a cassettetape. I then practiced mimicking those calls on the tape. And my first year turkey hunting I about died of shock when I called three legal shooter toms into the decoys.

I also use a Quaker Boy mouth call to cluck and for when I can't move my hands. As for a video.. I have no idea of one but I am sure they are out there.

Now we have turkey near my house. And when I hear them out in the woods, I break out the Lynch box call and chalk it all up and start talking to them. I really get a kick out of calling them into the yard.