Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 new toy, not an muzzy >

new toy, not an muzzy

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

new toy, not an muzzy

Old 01-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default new toy, not an muzzy

I am got a old bear whitetail 2 bow for an early b-day gift from jess (my wife.) already got leads for places to hunt in the city near where I live.

just need to get an release and some arrows I be able to do a little shooting on it.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: new toy, not an muzzy

I used to hunt with a Bear Whitetail. I finally got rid of it because the laminate started to seperate on the limbs and I was afraid it would blow up in my face in the winter. So I got the one I use now. And that's all the bow I need for the rest of my life.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm gonna buy me a new bow this year, but cant decide which one I want. Been trying out the new Mathews Reezen, I can tell you one thing they are very proud of them. Whew expensive, but its a good shooting bow.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Banned

hey corey i have the Whitetail Hunter/ Brown laminate. I need to order both strings for mine as mine snapped when i had it halfway up to my chin.

Talk about some swearing that day!
Old 01-24-2009, 06:11 AM
Dominant Buck

I started out with a straight bow, then went to a Ben Pearson recurve Cougar model that was #58 and about 68 inches long. Finally the ex got me a Browning Cobra compound and I used that bow for a long time. Took lots of deer with it too. Then I was in a tavern one afternoon and a fellow wanted to sell his Bear Whitetail for $50.00 so I bought it. Used that for a while, then sold that and bought a HighCountry X-caliber and that is such a sweet bow, I never wanted a different one. Now that I tore my shoulders almost completely out too many times, I can't hardly pull that bow, so I gave up bow hunting.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:19 AM
Fork Horn

Yes mathews is proud of there stuff, if you like the style of the mathews you should take a look at the new Ross bows. Apples to apples I think they are the best bow for your money.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

A friend of mine got me interested in archery this past year. I ended up buying a Ten Point GT-Recurve xbow and love it. I was amazed at the accuracy. I hunted with this season and never got off a shot. Saw plenty of deer, but it was as if they knew the stiff in the tree, me, with a xbow and would never come in close enough. Here is baby in my blind:

She is in the ready position, but never got the shot. There is next year though.

I did nail a ground hog for my friend on his garden plot. The little butterball was eating up all his greens. That broadhead sliced right through him really good.