Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 going to be awhile >

going to be awhile

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

going to be awhile

Old 01-21-2009, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default going to be awhile

Saw my doctor on Friday for my shoulder (rct) . . . surgery has been scheduled for Feb 4th. Depending on what he finds when he goes in, I will be out of commission for another 8-12 weeks after that. I'm glad he has finally made the decision to do the surgery, but it sure puts a crimp in a lot of semi-planned off-season projects:

1. Replace the sights on the CVA Bobcat with fiber optics.
2. Replace the CVA Bobcat synthetic stock with a wood one.
3. Build a sidelock (probably a Hawken) from a kit (Lyman or Traditions).

I suppose I could re-blue the Bobcat during this time . . . ?

Old 01-21-2009, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: going to be awhile

The surgery is the easy part. Wait till you have theappointments for the house of PAIN!!!

Make sure you are faithful to the work ahead. It will make your recovery quicker. I had some good people working with me and all went well. The shulder will never be 100%, but close to it. Good luck.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:13 AM
Fork Horn

What really sucks is this is the second time on this one (left). The difference in this one and the one before is that, according to the MRI, there is actually a tear in the biceps tendon (60%). Doc said that the surgery/repair will depend on where that tear actually is (in relationto the rc) - closer, the repair is more involved and recovery longer; farther away, easier and shorter recovery.

"house of pain" . . . graphic, but accurate. Since I've already been doing the exercises for the last 6 months, should make things a little easier.

I wonder . . . since I'm right handed, do you think I can do some shooting off a rest?
Old 01-21-2009, 07:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Do what the doctor says and hang in there. You will be back on the range sooner then you think.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Follow up with the therapy to a T, it will make your recovery easier and better.
Good luck
Greg
Old 01-21-2009, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dustyr

I wonder . . . since I'm right handed, do you think I can do some shooting off a rest?
I too had my left shoulder worked on and my doctor wouldn't let me. He said that the shock would go from right to left and would interferr with the recovery. Stick to reloading.

Listen to Dave, he has much wisdom. He has to, what else can he do up north in all that cold but sit around inside where it is warm and comtemplate his navel.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck with your surgery. I'm having my L2-3, 3-4, and 4-5, worked over on Feb 5th. This time of year will be a good time to recover for me. Looking forward to getting this done. I've had problems for over a year.