Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 CVA ACCURA Barrel Lug Forearm Mount >

CVA ACCURA Barrel Lug Forearm Mount

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA ACCURA Barrel Lug Forearm Mount

Old 01-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default CVA ACCURA Barrel Lug Forearm Mount

Hi, I bought 2 CVA Accura's, I got one for Christmas and liked it so much I ordered the wife one also. I received my second one today and I took the forearm off to get to the serial number to register my warranty with CVA and when I did the barrel lug fell off of the barrel. I seee there pressed in not like My CVA Kodiak wich is welded. I called CVA and the guy there said all I had to do was get a Metric Allen Wrench and tighten the pin on it and it would spread the lug apart where it is split and tighten it up. Well when I went to do it I could'nt because it was a pin with no way to tighten it. Has anyone else had this problem. I see in a earlier post (hysinthius) had reveiwed this gun and also had a concern of this mabey comming loose in the future, well I never even had a chance to shoot mine and it already happened. What cane be done, any advice? I really dont want to weld it as it will more than likely void the warranty, and if I send it back to CVA Im sure all they'll do is spread the pin out that holds it in place and send it back. Is there a win win to this problem? Any advice would be more than appreciated.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Banned

Default RE: CVA ACCURA Barrel Lug Forearm Mount

sounds easy enough to spread the pin.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess spreading the pin is easy enough and will work, but my worry is accuracy. I put the gun back togeather and tightened the screw back down and it was rock solid without spreading the pin back out. There was no movement in the forearm. Should I worry about it? The only pourpose of the lug is to attach the forearm anyway right?
Old 01-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: MountainDevil54

sounds easy enough to spread the pin.

I agree...however, I believe if you call them back and let them know you are a bit upset they will allow you to return it and replace it with a new gun.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

If someone would help me understand how to reply tothe replyswhen I get a answer from a member I would appreciate it, this is my first time......Thank's
Old 01-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Banned

use the Quote button to respond to a certain members post.

If you put it back in and its tight, it may have just been a slip up. There should be no movement in the forearm. I believe you are ready to go out with that rifle and make smoke and start putting meat on the table.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

The lug is still loose on the gun, but when you put the forearm back on and tighten the screw down the forearm is tight to the gun......no movement
Old 01-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Banned

Oh i see.

Shoot this guy an email with your problem, hes great and will get right on it and talk you through. He may even just tell you to send it back and send you a new rifle. [email protected]
Old 01-14-2009, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank's for the info, I'll drop him a line.....It's COLD here tonight, 2 degrees and droppin, time to add more wood to the fire...
Old 01-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Breechplug

Thank's for the info, I'll drop him a line.....It's COLD here tonight, 2 degrees and droppin, time to add more wood to the fire...

Quick Reply: CVA ACCURA Barrel Lug Forearm Mount

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.