Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Recall????

Old 01-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default CVA Recall????

i recently just found out that one of my cvas was recalled back in 1997, its a cva pro 2 with a nickle barrelmade in 1996, i currently don't use the rifle much, just keep it as a backup. But i thought what the heck i called them and they sayed they were still honoring the recall and they told me to send it to them and they'll send me a new gun. so i sent it out friday, they didn't say what model they would be sending back but they said it would be of equal or more value......my question is have any of u guys got guns back from this recall, and what did they send u, im anxious to see what they send......i hope equal value, includes a nickle barrel? what do u guys think?
Old 01-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Banned

Default RE: CVA Recall????

never heard of the Pro 2. You will more than likely get back either an break open or the buckhorn. Never really know until you open the box.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:15 PM

yes there was a recall in 97 but that was not all the problems with cva guns even their recent inline guns are having problems,mostly bolt type but I,myself,had an optima blow up in my face only to start reading articles stating this has been problems for cva for @ least ten years.don't help me reading after i'm deaf but maybe this will save someone else hurt or even a life
Old 01-12-2009, 12:55 AM
Typical Buck

What problems are the recent models having? Had not heard anything about it. Overload on the Optima? Just a guess but if CVA has been having blow up issues for ten years I seriously doubt they would still be in business.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Roger46982

What problems are the recent models having? Had not heard anything about it. Overload on the Optima? Just a guess but if CVA has been having blow up issues for ten years I seriously doubt they would still be in business.
Or they have some really good lawyers.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

ORIGINAL: Roger46982

Or they have some really good lawyers.
along with the savage that blew up on toby bridges.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

along with the savage that blew up on toby bridges.

+1
Old 01-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Spike

Hey tommydelvis Could you please share more details on your gun blowing up? Like how much powder, projectile and how you shot the gun(did you swab between shots,ect) Can you post some pictures of the gun after the blow up ? Did you send the gun back to CVA or did your Lawyer take it for evidence?
I am/was thinking about getting a CVA because of the price but this blow up stuff scares me. I hope you were not injured from the accident.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like maybe the bullet wasn't seated on the powder charge. Pipe bomb.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

No, I think it had to be something far worse than a short seated bullet. Maybe one load on top the other...

The only picture I've seen of the rifle was so bad there was no way I could even tell what I was really looking at.

Quick Reply: CVA Recall????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.