Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Where do you get your Pyrodex? >

Where do you get your Pyrodex?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Where do you get your Pyrodex?

Old 12-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Where do you get your Pyrodex?

Where do you guys get your Pyrodex Pellets? Seems like our Wal-Mart is sold out as they only seem to have it right before black powder season. Online places the shipping is super high usually as you have to pay extra since it's hazardous. I know of one local place to get it but it's not convienent and not exactly local. A good 45 minutes away.

Does Dicks Sporting Goods sell it? Where do you all get it?
Old 12-29-2008, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Where do you get your Pyrodex?

I would imagine any place that sells ML stuff would carry it. I was under the impression that Pyrodex was made in a way that allowed it to be shipped as non-hazardous.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was under that impression too, no Haz Mat fee. Maybe pellets are different because of the small amount of BP at the end.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Pyrodex does require a haz mat fee. Last time I ordered a half case they charged me a haz mat. I just called my local wal mart and asked what they had left. Well they have the same prices on their powder that they did two weeks ago.. Pyrodex RS loose $15.00 and Triple Seven 2f $21.00 when I told the person on the phone that they could do better then that, they told me until they get word from the head office, the prices stay the same.. So that means I do not need to go to the Wal Mart and spend lots of money today..
Old 12-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

China Outlets (Wal Marts) have be come an unreliable source of reasonably priced ML supplies in this area. We used to have two Gibson's stores in town that carried a very large inventory of ML and reloading supplies. They were driven out of business by China Outlets. Now, i order mysmokeless and ML powders from Graf's about twice a year.Usually consolidate orders with a friend or two.They can ship up togross weight of 50 pounds on one hazmat label. Get together an order for 32 pounds of powder and Grafs will pay the hazmat fee. Even with the hazmat fee it still works outcheaper.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

You guys are lucky the Wal-Mart's in your area even have ML supplies....
Old 12-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

walmart and dicks sporting goods charge like $28-30 for a box of pyrodex pellets.online stores like natchez shooters and powder valley are around 20$ a box. you can easily save money by buying in bulk and you get it in a couple days to your house. get your hunting buddies involved and make it a big order.