Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Anyone try Remington Express PT Bullets? >

Anyone try Remington Express PT Bullets?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Anyone try Remington Express PT Bullets?

Old 12-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone try Remington Express PT Bullets?

Remington Express PT Bullets

I've been doing a lot of searching around and came across these bullets. They're Polymer Tipped 275 Grain saboted bullets designed for .50 cal muzzleloaders. They come already installed in the sabots like some other ML bullets. 275 grain seems to be the heaviest they make. Hell, I didn't even know Remington made ML bullets.

So has anyone tried these? And if so, what were your results?
Old 12-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone try Remington Express PT Bullets?

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

Remington Express PT Bullets

I've been doing a lot of searching around and came across these bullets. They're Polymer Tipped 275 Grain saboted bullets designed for .50 cal muzzleloaders. They come already installed in the sabots like some other ML bullets. 275 grain seems to be the heaviest they make. Hell, I didn't even know Remington made ML bullets.

So has anyone tried these? And if so, what were your results?
I killed 8 deer with them last year with my Savage. They are the Parker Ballistic Extreme, they are .450 diameter. They are LOOSE in the Savage and would NOT shoot with 4198 powder and supplied sabot but would with 5744. They are an extremely accurate bullet. The fragment somewhat on bone and raking shots. The reason I switch from them to Barnes Origonals was I shot one doe at about 40 yards quarting to me, I shot the deer right in the brisket, and it did not exit but fragmented. I was shooting it at about 2000 fps with the Savage. Would I use them again absolutely on whitetail, I switched because I wanted to shoot 200 yard and get pass thru penetration. They are a bit price with prices over $1 for each bullet. Remington PT, Parker Ballistic Extreme and Traditions PLR:

http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/eshop/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=A1822

are all the same bullet. I used all of them.

Chap
Old 12-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Anyone try Remington Express PT Bullets?

I shot the Parker Ballistic Extreme in my Knight, and the accuracy was exceptional. I never had a chance to see how they did not critters.