Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 T/C 4 in 1 speed loader >

T/C 4 in 1 speed loader

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C 4 in 1 speed loader

Old 11-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Spike

Default T/C 4 in 1 speed loader

Hey all. I bought 2 of these quick shots and I don't quite understand how it works. I'm using Blackhorn 209 powder and I thought this unit would be ok but I thought it was all 1 part but it is actually 2 parts. I feel like I'm asking how to use a paperclip because these things should be straight forward but I'm confused. The plunger that acts as the bullet starter is the bottome of the powder compartment but that plunger comes out of the bottom. It is not tight at all it loosely slides in the bottom of the powder compartment. Is that plunger supposed to be fixed in there or am I completely missing something. If I put powder in the speedloader it will all come out the bottome because that plunger comes out. Thanks for any help. [/align]
Old 11-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: T/C 4 in 1 speed loader

flybub

I use the 4/2 speed loader all the time but now I am confused. In my loaders the plunger portion snaps into the powder storage portingand remains pretty tighly locked into that tube to become a 1 peice unit. It would take quite an effort to separate them. All of my loader are older and never came as a two piece assembly..

Here is a pic of one as purchased with a sabot partially installed in the plunger portion... Does any of this help?

Old 11-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Spike

On mine there is no snap and if you look down the tube from the lid with the plunger in, you can see daylight around the bottom. Not sure what to do. I have a pic of it but I cannot resize it, it's too big but it looks the like the same thing you are using sabotloader. What's weird is both of them in the package are like that, not just 1.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

flybub

check you pm's
Old 11-30-2008, 09:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

flybub

I just checked on the TC site to see if they might show the product, the only picture they have is an assembled one. I have never seen a TC 4/1 come in a package in parts so I am a bit taken back... It is almost worth running down to the local store to check it out but as remote as we are he probably does not have any new ones...