Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Oldwun is back on line >

Oldwun is back on line

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Oldwun is back on line

Old 11-15-2008, 05:25 PM

Default Oldwun is back on line

I had a stroke and until now I have been unable to use the computer. Hand to eye coordination was really bad. Doctors have got me back now to where I hit the key I am looking at. Everything is starting to fall back in place. I have missed the forum. It was good to see sabotloader is still posting. I think he was having a new leg hinge put in when I was on here last.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Oldwun is back on line

Good to have you back..
Old 11-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Glad that you are back.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Spike

Oldwun,i had a realy bad strok back in 2004 that left my left leg and arm almost plumb shoot.I have now gain back now about 70% of my left arm and only about 40% of my left leg.My eyes were so mess up they had to put emplants in both eyes.One thing i can tell you that you may or maynot already know ,and that is to keep moveing around even if you don't feel like it.Because your whole body will try to
stiff-en up on you if you let your body rest and stop moveing around.
take care and good luck
ORIGINAL: oldwun

I had a stroke and until now I have been unable to use the computer. Hand to eye coordination was really bad. Doctors have got me back now to where I hit the key I am looking at. Everything is starting to fall back in place. I have missed the forum. It was good to see sabotloader is still posting. I think he was having a new leg hinge put in when I was on here last.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:50 PM

Larryfox.....Yeah this was my second one. My right arm, leg and eye quit working. I was shooting my bow when it happened. I laid the bow down to pull my arrows and when I bent over to pick up my bow I couldn't pick it up. Then all of the sudden numbness started moving across my lips. My wife was taking me to the hospital and all of sudden I had double vision. Now 7 months later most of my vision has cleared up and most body movements are 80%. I am BLESSED!!!
Old 11-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well welcome back. One more old ML shooter to share his wisdom never will hurt in here. Glad you are recoving.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

oldwun

Golly Gee Whiz!!! Welcome Back...

It really has been awhile... Dang! i am glad to see a post by you...

Got the Knee - and it is working great - I wish they could now replace my back and bad right shoulder....

You take care! and follow the directions of the doctors - except when they are wrong

Wish you were closer I would drive over stuff ya in the PU and we would go do some road sightseeing in the woods...