Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Endeavor Range Report >

Endeavor Range Report

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Endeavor Range Report

Old 10-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default Endeavor Range Report

I took my new endeavor to the rangeSaturday morning. I decided to try 110gr of Bh 209/win 209 primers and a 250 gr shockwave with a harvester Shortblack sabot. I started at the 25 yard range to make sure I was on paper. Two shots later I moved to the 100 yard range and started to fine tune everything. The first two shots shot a little over an inch group. The group was about 8 inches to the left but was perfect up and down. I moved the scope and the next group was about three inches to the left but still dead on up and down. I moved the scope again and the next shot cut the bulls eye. I was excited. Then I moved the scope up four clicks and tried shoot a group. I posted a picture of the group below. The shot out to the left was my fault. I knew I pulled it when the gun went off. but the other three look to be just under an inch. Sorry, I didn't measure it. Overall I am very happy with the gun and load. This is my first range report with pics. I hope it works. Here are some pics of the gun and the target I was talking about. Notice how clean the face of the breech plug is. It was like that through out the whole shooting session and the Aetce scope worked flawlessly. Overall, I think I shot twelve
times with out swabbing and no hangfires. Just load and shoot. I went back on Sunday and shot the two targets at the bottom. Hope this makes since.

250 gr. Shockwave and harvester Short Black sabot

200 gr Shockwave and Blue Sabot

250 gr. Shockwave and Harvester short black.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Endeavor Range Report

Overall I am very happy with the gun and load.

Well YEAH!!! Good shooting.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Dominant Buck

That is some nice shooting. Good looking rifle too.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

Nice shooting Scott, do you really need to look for another sabot/bullet combo ............
Old 10-31-2008, 03:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job....Good luck this season
Old 10-31-2008, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys. My new stuff just came in from MidSouth. I got some new cleaning jags, brushes, patches, JB Bore Paste and most important, some .430 300 gr. XTP's with some Harvester reg. green and green crushed rib sabots. I really hope these shoot well. I would love to try them out on some big old river swamp hogs. Which sabot do you think will do best. So I know where to start. Oh yea, I posted about how clean the breech plug was and the picture didn't show up. So here it is and a few more.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm glad your session went well. My experience was a lotdifferent. I was at the range and shooting my NEF Sidekick and having a great day. However, the guy next to me was shooting an new Endeaver and he was luckto hit the paper. His groups were in the 8" range. He was shooting Powerbelts to and they were theworst. He tried powder and then pellets and it made no difference. No matter what bullet and powder combinationnone worked!!! I finally gave him a bunchof300 gr. SST bullets and the group got better (4 to 5"). We were shooting at he 100 range. I ended up telling him to get with the factory and fill them in on this session.

I had the same experience with an Encore. My fix was to sell thegun. Thank God my Contender and eight barrels shot a lot better thenmy Encore did.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

WOW, something must have been way off. I would have blamed it on the powerbelts but you said the sst's didn't work either. What sabot was he shooting? Are you sure it wasn't the shooter? Did you try shooting it for him?
Old 11-02-2008, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SHulion

WOW, something must have been way off. I would have blamed it on the powerbelts but you said the sst's didn't work either. What sabot was he shooting? Are you sure it wasn't the shooter? Did you try shooting it for him?
I didn't know him that well to ask to try it. I gave him what came in the package on the SSTs. They were theblack sabots. I reallythinkhe should send the gun back and have them give it a good once over. Maybe the barrel is no good. My problems with my Encore was a tight spot mid way down thebarrel. It would shoot, but really bad groups. As to the .30-06 barrel, they gave me a new barrel and even that one would not shoot a decent group. I sold it and bought a Remington Model Seven in .308 and have not looked back once.