Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Hornady FPB test!

Old 10-16-2008, 07:06 AM
Typical Buck

Default Hornady FPB test!

I did this test a couple days ago and all I can say is wow!I love these bullets.I didn't swab or nothing between shots.Sorry for just giving you the link,but im at work and can't post pics from here.Im cecil30-30.
http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=967307& page=1#Post967307
Old 10-16-2008, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hornady FPB test!

I think Jim from TN likesto get a beating. I don't think I've read anywhere on these sites where that much powder is needed for accuracy etc. 110 grains is the max , but I am new to this so someone is shooting mag loads?
Old 10-16-2008, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Encouraging. I will try FPBs tomorrow. Hope they load and shoot well in the new Genesis. Not too much time left to test loads / bullet combos.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice shooting
I have a pack that I have not tried yet.
I shoot at my lease and bow season is in so I don't want to mess anyone up by shooting
Old 10-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Dominant Buck

I just ordered some of them.. so it will be interesting to see how they shoot. If they shoot like a Shockwave, I think Hornady has a BIG seller here.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have been shooting them off and on, they seem to like a 100gr and shoot very accurate they do shoot below the normal POI, a couple inches below on the Triumph and about 6 inches low on the Omega. Lee
Old 10-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: lemoyne

I have been shooting them off and on, they seem to like a 100gr and shoot very accurate they do shoot below the normal POI, a couple inches below on the Triumph and about 6 inches low on the Omega. Lee
very interesting post Lee.. any idea why they would shoot low? Is it perhaps their weight difference from say a 250 grain Shockwave or something?
Old 10-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

I just ordered some of them.. so it will be interesting to see how they shoot. If they shoot like a Shockwave, I think Hornady has a BIG seller here.
Sorry if Im mistaken, but I think I recognize your avatar from the savage board on modernmuzzleloader.com, are you going to try them in a savage? Its too late for me to mess w/ them in mine, unless I want to spend bow season at the range. I really would like to know how they do though. The weak link in the savage is the sabot and these would bring the savage to an even greater level of performance, if they shot good.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are 350 grains. They should shoot to a different POI.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:34 AM

ORIGINAL: UncleNorby

They are 350 grains. They should shoot to a different POI.
Why is that? If you can get the muzzle velocity the same, and the two bullets have the same friction coefficient, shouldn't they shoot identical trajectory curves?

But, I guess to get the same muzzle velocity you'd really have to add more powder charge, so I actually think I've answered my own question, but I have no real idea.

Quick Reply: Hornady FPB test!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.