Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Hornady FPB test!

Old 10-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hornady FPB test!

ORIGINAL: DeerandbearhoG

ORIGINAL: cayugad

I just ordered some of them.. so it will be interesting to see how they shoot. If they shoot like a Shockwave, I think Hornady has a BIG seller here.
Sorry if Im mistaken, but I think I recognize your avatar from the savage board on modernmuzzleloader.com, are you going to try them in a savage? Its too late for me to mess w/ them in mine, unless I want to spend bow season at the range. I really would like to know how they do though. The weak link in the savage is the sabot and these would bring the savage to an even greater level of performance, if they shot good.
I think these would be better in the Savage instead of the FPB:

http://www.thorbullets.com/

Chap Gleason
Old 10-20-2008, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hornady FPB test!

If two bullets of the same design are traveling at the same velocity, then yeah, they will hit the same.

Once you change something like BC, velocity, or bullet weight, POI "should" change. You have to shoot to confirm. Sometimes you see a big difference, sometimes not.