Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Remington Genesis at Cabelas >

Remington Genesis at Cabelas

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Remington Genesis at Cabelas

Old 10-14-2008, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Remington Genesis at Cabelas

ORIGINAL: cayugad

you bought another one!!! Boy and I thought I was bad. Do you think these Genesis will shoot Black Horn 209?
Mine shoots BH better than any other powder. I almost bought a second one as well cayugad but I talked myself out of it. I still might try and find one of the laminate ones. Cabela's has sold out of them but I'll find one on the second hand market. Unfortunatly I think they were dismissed as a good gun before people even started messing with them. The people I know that have owned one all love them (with the exception of one guy who has a White 97 that he doesn't like either so we know somethings not right in his head)
Old 10-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

They DO handle recoil very well, Dave. The material and finish of the "receiver" section just plain suck. Removing that black paint (or whatever the heck it is) and applyingone of the serious metal coatings for firearms would help a lot. If they would have only used better materials and slightly altered the design of the torch-cam ... they could have had a real winner. Simplicity of the design is appealing.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:34 AM
Dominant Buck

If I was going to buy one, and I am not saying I am, I would get the stainless steel model. I do not think that barrel is fluted like it shows in the Midway USA catalog but for the money, I am sure it would be a good rifle. Maybe even glass the stock or something.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

If they shoot as good as the 700 then I only know of one thats consistantly better. Lee
Old 10-14-2008, 06:19 PM

My son just bought the full camo one a couple weeks ago, I found the synthetic stock material a little cheap and hollow sounding. I also found it a little front heavy, not really well balanced. But I will say its a shooter ,super groups at fifty yards and pretty tight at 100. He shoots 100 grains T7 pellets and 240 gr shockwaves. All in all well worth the price especially with the $35 rebate. And for that price there is always room for one more on the rack!
Old 10-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Dominant Buck

johnmcd ... that kind of talk of room for one more is really not helping. I'll have you know I called Cabela's today and almost ordered one, then chickened out at the last minute.. I looked at the gun rack and realized there was not room for one more..
Old 10-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

I have owned one for two years now. I liked the idea that it was a Remington brand and was priced for the average person. Shoots very good and I choose it over my shotgun, for shotgun season. A lot of people on this site and other sites complain about where the barrel is made and what it is made of. I could care less as long as it holds up and shoots well. So far, no reason to believe either will fail.

Folks pointed out a few minor complaints which I can agree with. After many shots the torch cam gets a bit sticky. Not really a concern in the woods and at the range, a quick swipe of solution is all you need. I find that the breach plug is very hard to extract with my scope on. I hear more lube is what I need. Standard mount may give some people problems. I would recommend to buy different mounting hardware to fit your need. Also to get more sturdy mounts. I am still shooting the scope and mounts that came with it. Stock does seem a bit cheap and hollow sounding. Wood would be a dream...

All in all, I would NOT avoid buying this gun if you are on the fence. This is a good deal and you likely will not be disappointed.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

stuff that stock with gray packing foam if you can find some - ok, it doesn't HAVE to be gray. It's the stuff that resembles what is used for mattress pads. Really quiets the stock and the tiny bit of weight doesn't hurt a thing.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:51 PM

good idea uc I'll give it a try!
Old 10-16-2008, 12:00 PM
Dominant Buck

[:@][:@][:@] all I can say is this better be a good rifle. You people are just not fair.

Quick Reply: Remington Genesis at Cabelas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.