Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Remington Genesis at Cabelas >

Remington Genesis at Cabelas

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Remington Genesis at Cabelas

Old 10-13-2008, 05:07 PM
FG

Default RE: Remington Genesis at Cabelas

traditions makes the Remington.

Its the BPI/CVA/Winchester deal.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Dominant Buck

I kind of thought Traditions made the rifle because of the Yukon. That stainless Genesis would probably be a good rifle. I wonder if a person can put a good peep sight on that rifle. It should make a nice shooter.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

No - it's made in Spain and imported by Traditions for Remington.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

and one more thang - there aint no way nebody in there right mind would think that "receiver" is a well-done piece of gun making. It does work though.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:35 PM
Dominant Buck

I was looking at that stainless steel model and even went to the www.remington.com web sit and watched the video of the rifle. Of course they make the rifle look real good. Still Underclocked had one and sold it, as did a few others. That worries me. So I think that is all the incentive I need to pass on this deal. Although if I needed a inexpensive rifle for hunting and did not want to invest a ton of money, this might be a place to look.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:49 PM
mountaineer magic

That's the great thing about the free market. There is always enough competition to make products so that everyone will find something they like. For some it is Knight, for some T/C or CVA or one of the other guys. I have guns from Knight,T/C,Traditions,Pedersoli,CVA, Lyman and the Remington Genesis. I happen to be one of the people who is extremely happy with mine. Actually it's my wife's now. I have had the basic black and blued model for about 4 years. It shoots great and I haven't had any problems with it. I put it right after my Triumph as far as which gun I would reach for to go hunting with. As matter of fact since my wife chose the Genesis (after trying my Kodiak pro,Knight and Omega) I would buy the camo with fluted barrel if I had the $200.00. I personally think it is a great gun. I admit that if I knew that it had a Spanish made barrel before I got it that I probably wouldn't have bought it.But after owning it and shooting it I have overcome that predjudice. Maybe I was just lucky enough to get an exceptional shooter . Either way I'm happy ( and no I don't work for remington LOL)

Old 10-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll confess to having bought another one during this Cabela's sale. Bought another SS/black and this one does have a much better "out of the box" trigger than did the first one. I've had that one at a dealer's on consignment for about 3 weeks now. If it doesn't sell, one of my grandsons may get it.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Dominant Buck

you bought another one!!! Boy and I thought I was bad. Do you think these Genesis will shoot Black Horn 209?
Old 10-13-2008, 11:04 PM

I shoot 100gnv BH 209 and Win 209 primers in my Genesis. So far it shoots just fine. It's not quite as accurate as my Triumph but it has a good feel to it. The main drawback is that it's hard to de-prime and prime with a scope on it. I've got a Savage, a Triumph, and a Genesis so my three grandkids will have to work it outas towho gets what.
I took my 4yr old grandson out scouting with me today. We walked up on 4 decent bucks and we both got excited. The rest of the day all he could say was "Big Bucks Grandpa". You can't beat that.
Zen
Old 10-14-2008, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, if I can come up with $200 bucks, I plan on getting one. I'm not in love with the fact that it's a Spanish made barrel or it's not actually a Remington, but I figure they have a business to run and they aren't going to put their name on a piece of junk. And I can't hunt with a scope in MN, and it seems there are getting to be fewer and fewer guns that are being designed to be comfortably shot with open sights. From the guns I've recently handled, the Genesis fits me very well. I figure this gun will be solely for hunting, so if I have to give up 1/2 inch or an inch at 100 yds. then I guess I'm okay with that. I'll still have the KRB if I want to take something with a scope out and shoot for groups.

Just what I think.

Vince

Quick Reply: Remington Genesis at Cabelas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.