Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Encore prices

Old 09-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default Encore prices

I have been looking into getting a muzzleloader, and I have my heart set on an Encore. I have been looking on gunbroker.com and found a few that have caught my eye but I was wondering what do you guys feel a good price for a lightly used encore? what about a plain jane new one (as opposed to the fancy synthetic stocked pro hunter or whatever they are calling this years newest model)? thanks in advance
Old 09-11-2008, 09:32 AM

Default RE: Encore prices

I can't really say...they really hold their value. You won't find better prices than on gunbroker either.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

The new one is the Endevor
I looked around for 6 months and found one that had discontinued camo stock and the store had a BIG sale on guns so I stole mine.
Just shop around and also look in the classified section on this site,I see them there quite often.
Good luck on a great gun
Old 09-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Typical Buck

I have the plain jane Encore .50 cal and its a great shooter. I really don't see the need for the ProHunter. I've got $480 in mine, but I've had it 4 yrs.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:22 PM

If you want a great gun for the money look into a T/C Omega.
Thats if you want a magnum that just set up muzzleloading.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

You cant beat the endeavor but its pricey[8D]

it really shoots no different from the plain encore or prohunter.. just has fancy clothing on it
Old 09-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

Iordered one and ended up buying twomore, so I have an extra one for sale.

Brand new not used:
Stainless steel209x50magnum w/Realtree camo thumbhole stock.
$500 + shipping.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

It's notthe Pro Hunter, just the regular Encore as shown.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know that everyone is telling you that the Encore is the best thing since sliced bread, but I like mine so much that I sold it at a loss and never looked back.

First off I have been shooting BP guns for a long time and am very familiar with different powders,bullets and guns. I found that the my Encore would only shoot the recommended bullet (shockwave) and 150 grs. of powder. Anything less and performance was less then acceptable. I spent may hours at the range trying different bullets and powders and never could get it to shoot anything but their bulleets and recommended powder wight. I found out later that my gun was not the exception to the rule on the bullet/powder problem.

I also had a problem with my barrel and had to send it back to the company. It cleanly had a tight spot in the barrel and the techs told me it didn't, but did fix the spot.

My next problem was in additional barrels. I got a .30-06 barrel and my troubles began all over again. I could never get this barrel to shoot straight. Long story short, I returned the barrel three times. Last time they sent me a new barrel and it didn't work. I might add that I sent them the whole gun on two occasions and not just the barrel.

To fix the problem I sold the Encore, at a loss, and bought an NEF Sidekick for mynew BP gun and a new Kimber Classic, in .338 Fed. and have never felt better and happier.

I know this is one man story, but I have had others tell me the same story on this gun. Now don't get me wrong, I have no problem withTC. I own a G2 Contender with nine barrels. It is one of the finest guns I own. The gun and all barrels are tack drivers. I love this gun and would do commericals for the company if theyasked me. I just don't think they got it right with the Encore. Sorry!
Old 09-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: formula1

I have the plain jane Encore .50 cal and its a great shooter. I really don't see the need for the ProHunter.
That's what I found when I shopped for my latest muzzleloader, the ProHunter has only a couplemore options thanthe regular Encore, at a higher price.