Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 GMBs range report; Gustof (shoot for semi) >

GMBs range report; Gustof (shoot for semi)

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

GMBs range report; Gustof (shoot for semi)

Old 09-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default GMBs range report; Gustof (shoot for semi)

Took the gmbs to the range today. Semi; sorry I'm late! Shot the wmc w/80g 3f goex, 300gxtp w/crushrib Getting there!! then shot the renegade w/300g speer gds over 80g 3f goex. Hell west and crooked, no consistency. Swabbed it clean, went to 80g 3f goex, felt wad and 460 nex .503s. Finally some thing decent!!

Old 09-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: GMBs range report; Gustof (shoot for semi)

It looksmighty good to me.. I guess I have to try some conicals out of my wmc barrels. I guess the White kind of spoiled me for conicals. That looks like fun...
Old 09-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good shooting there Thump. Too bad the Gold Dots didn't do it for you. One thing I've found is that several of my guns seem to like 80 to 95 grains GOEX with conicals, but something over 100 grains with sabots. However, with T7, the lower charges work OK with conicals and sabots.

I have the 45 GMB Renegade scheduled for a workout this coming week-end, sinful scope and all. But DANG - hurricane Ike is out there over Cuba and could be heading tothe Louisiana/Texas coast Friday or Saturday. That would cancel another range session. I need to make smoke BAD. Except for the Benjamin pellet gun in the back yard, I haven't shot in over two months.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: thumper50

Took the gmbs to the range today. Semi; sorry I'm late! Shot the wmc w/80g 3f goex, 300gxtp w/crushrib Getting there!! then shot the renegade w/300g speer gds over 80g 3f goex. Hell west and crooked, no consistency. Swabbed it clean, went to 80g 3f goex, felt wad and 460 nex .503s. Finally some thing decent!!
Looks good. What brand of felt wad? Chap Gleason
Old 09-09-2008, 03:18 AM
Fork Horn

Dave; It sure is a gas shooting those big hunks of lead downrange. Even w/earmuffs on I can hear em hit! Semi; Good luck w/the upcoming blow. Gleason; The wads are ox-yoke from RMC. To whom I was referred to by you in the past!! You guys and everyone else on these black powder forums have been a wealth of info and suggestions!! I have noticed that someone somewher can answer just about any question anyone has. Or knows how to find an answer. Good bunch of folks.