Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 home made hunting blind idea >

home made hunting blind idea

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

home made hunting blind idea

Old 08-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: home made hunting blind idea

WELL IN A WAY YOUR RIGHT i think we need to stop buying good made out side the usa. and i mean Canada Mexico everywhere.

i think we need to start drilling here for oil. i think we need to build new nuclear power plants to make USA made electricity.
We need to go back to a if it ant made here i do not want it stance.
I have no problem buying a us made blind if someone shows me one that is a good blind and has a good price.
ORIGINAL: Rifle Loony

People are funny Critters.....

Do you think fuel prices are high because you saved a few bucks at Wally World on your hunting blindand the oil companies think you can afford it now?

Fuel prices are high because China is buying every drop they can get their hands on,driving the market off the charts. They can afford it because we've pumped so much money into their economy buying their cheap crap to save ourselves a couple of bucks. With the higher cost of transporting goods to sale comes a higher cost of those goods...a win/win for the bean counters. Inflate the cost of goods to "cover" the higher cost of shipment and you've just created an easy windfall none of us are willing to realize......

EVERYONE is to blame for that, not just the guy who wants a hunting blind, or a family that needs shoes. There's little choice to buy anything BUT chinese made products these days BECAUSE we've let it go so far into the crapper. We shoulda smartened up a long time ago and fixed it then. Now it's acceptable to keep spending money on chinese goods because we've no other realistic choice....and the vicious cycle continues to spiral downward.

We're our own worst enemy............

Given the choice, which thankfullyI am, I'd rather figure out how to hunt WITHOUT a blind than spend $40 bucks on a cheap POS from Walmart.

YMMV, obviously...........
Old 08-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeeze can't even buy a blind w/out this crap! Get on the political site w/it! I was truly hpoing to see many ideas on homemade blinds.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck Hunter 1

Jeeze can't even buy a blind w/out this crap! Get on the political site w/it! I was truly hpoing to see many ideas on homemade blinds.
I started it hoping for some too.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Get on the political site w/it!

Please do. I come to this site for enjoyment and relaxation. No politics. No religion. Just good old shooting lies and bragging.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

Let us just remember, when we're all out of work and have finshed spending the money that our parents saved, that we started it all by worshipping at the temple of the lowest price. I remember when wally world products displayed the " Proudly made in America" tags and they had quality stuff. Those days are gone. We threw them away.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

well after losing my headach what kind of blind do you want something dirt cheap or something inclosed and warm.
I figured out a good idea take some 2x4 plant them in the ground. then you could take 1/4 plywood which cost about 6 bucks a sheet and nail it to the 2x4.
Or use some sticks and limbs to nail to the 2x4 even cheaper then.
Just cut out some shooting holes. it would cost you about 25 bucks for one blind.
You figure one 2x4 for each corner switch comes out to four then three sheets of plywoods.
ORIGINAL: corey012778

ORIGINAL: Buck Hunter 1

I started it hoping for some too.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

one I was going to do that I did not get around too. was to build on up in an old tree enclosed. went back to work before I got around to do it.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

in ky i had a simlir idea i had a large oak that was cut 8 or so feet off the ground. It sit over a ridge that dropped 50 to 75 feet or so though my property. it was semi clear and had alot of
but i moved.
my plan was to build a platform mounted to the tree and enclose it likea shooting house.
If you do do it right.
ORIGINAL: corey012778

one I was going to do that I did not get around too. was to build on up in an old tree enclosed. went back to work before I got around to do it.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also want this thread to go back toblinds and leave thepolitical crap outside. Come on guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hunt at a friends place and he made of this tree stand that is very functional and fairly cheap. He made about a dozen and we spread them throughout his farm. It can be made into a tree stand blind if he wants to, but they work very well.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Geez, I'm glad I stopped hunting from blinds years ago....

Quick Reply: home made hunting blind idea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.