Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 CNC Turned MZ Bullet >

CNC Turned MZ Bullet

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CNC Turned MZ Bullet

Old 05-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CNC Turned MZ Bullet

Low Cost?? Ya, as long as the boss does not find out. Please give more details. I have a friend who runs one of those machines. I wil have to see if he has a little time on his hands. GREAT IDEA!!! Tom.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

I would have to agree with what others have told you... flat base bullets on avg tend to be more accurate, especially at high velocities. The flat base MZ Expanders have always been more accurate for me in all of my ML's than any of the other Barnes boattails...
Old 05-25-2008, 07:51 PM

It takes only about 5 minutes after the initial setup is done if you don't count the annealing. I still need a better way to punch the cavity and a better die. I thinkI am going to redesign it as a flat base as accuracy is critical.I think the advantages of the boattail are overstated in most applications (it looks cool though). Copper is crazy expensive right now, but I usually get rems. from our metal supplier at a reasonable price (Each bullet still contains ~$0.30 in copper alone).The idea that I am not at the mercy of Barnes is also appealing to me. Especially since they change their designs whenever they want.

Tom, as soon as I get my design updated i can send you a .DXF file that your buddy can generate his toolpaths from.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

Thats impressive
Old 05-25-2008, 08:31 PM

I appreciate all the feedback. I have been shooting for a long time, but am new to muzzleloading. After I fired my first shotI think I was hooked. I am planning for a general season deer hunt in southern Utah with a group of friends but will still be bringing the Omega along.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah you ll get hooked. Ive shot MLs for a few years now, just to add a couple weeks to my hunting season.
Maybe shot 20 rounds a year or so. Well ,this month alone Ive shot 40 to 50 rounds
Old 05-26-2008, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bernieb90

I have been shooting for a long time, but am new to muzzleloading. After I fired my first shotI think I was hooked.
Addiction is usually a terrible thing, but this one you'll love.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:06 AM

How about a flatbased 225gr in a .400 to .401 could you make any thing like this?
I shoot a .45cal with crushribbed sabots and would be willing to pay you for 20 or so to try out!

Ron
Old 05-26-2008, 08:46 AM
Typical Buck

Indiana SmokePole
ORIGINAL: Indiana SmokePole

How about a flatbased 225gr in a .400 to .401 could you make any thing like this?
I shoot a .45cal with crushribbed sabots and would be willing to pay you for 20 or so to try out!

Ron
What Ron said +1
Old 05-26-2008, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Indiana SmokePole, well this is a bit off the wall, I have a Knight Big Horn it goes bak aways but it has a much looser bore than any of my TC guns and it shoots a 41 mag bullet very nice, which adds some weight options I believe you have several Knights you might want to check this out. Lee

Quick Reply: CNC Turned MZ Bullet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.