Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Did yo guys miss me? >

Did yo guys miss me?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Did yo guys miss me?

Old 05-21-2008, 07:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Did yo guys miss me?

I just got back last night from taking my wife on a vacation. We took a cruise and a couple of days in Orlando visiting the daughter. But I did manage some time to check out the local pawn shops and gun shops for MLs. I saw a few but man were they a mess. I almost got a Renegade (for parts) but the dealer had it marked $165 and I offered him $125. He wouldn't take it. The bore looked horrible. Probably shot and not cleaned and sat on the rack for a couple of years. It was so pitted it was like looking into a terra-cotta pipe.
So no new toys to play with this trip. But good to be back safe and sound.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Did yo guys miss me?

Well having a nice vacation with the wife is as good as a new gun. Both are happy and rested. Although I find I am normally more tired after vacation then during vacation.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Vacations do not excuse you from homework assignments. You've got some make-up work ahead of you.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Semisane

Vacations do not excuse you from homework assignments. You've got some make-up work ahead of you.
As SabotLoader says "Cayugad is the dean of the ML Forum", he is not a student, therefore he is exempt from homework. However that said, if he wants to provide leadership and wisdom in new powders, bullets, rifles, primers, hunting methods, or any other thing that is ML related, that is his "executive" privilege, since he is after all the Dean and not a student.Chap
Old 05-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree Chap. I would never presume to assign homework to the DEAN. My comment was directed at Bronco. I don't want him tofallbehind.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

Don't deans get the big buck for opinions.. I am the Dean of My college and I get grief.. College of keep the wife happy and house work done
Old 05-22-2008, 05:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with you semi - I am making a trip to the gun shop tonight to get some more homework supplies. I need more powder and bullet mould. Then I have to do some casting & lubing. Man I wish I could find some beeswax. I've been searching all over. Even called a couple of places on the web but can't locate any.
I picked up a bottle of lube the last time at Cabelas (their brand). It looks like lard and melts just as easily as naturalube.
I'm thinking of melting a little parafin and mixing it with some lube to see if it will stay a bit firmer especially during the heat of summer coming up. Unless you guys can give me any other suggestions.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey bronco, try your local hardware storefor the beeswax. The Ace Hardware near me stocks it in "muffin tin" shaped blocks for use in lubricating screws and drawer slides. It's a little expensive, but a little goes a long way. I would not use paraffin.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have some bees wax still for sale. I have two 3.5 pound blocks of brown some one wanted but then didn'tI guess so I am no longer holding it.
This brown sells for $3.00 a pound minium order 3.5 pounds and the shipping cost $9.90flat rate normally 2 or 3 days.

I also have some of this bright yellow cosmitic grade wax left.

I know I have one 3 pound block left and may have more but can't remember just how much.
It sells for $4.00 a pound minium order is 3 pounds plus shiping cost of $9.90 flat rate normally 2 or 3 days service.

You can also buy Honey to fill a flat rate box, a mix and match sort of.
You also can get your name on our list for next springs wax sale.

Al