Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Gotta love that sister of mine >

Gotta love that sister of mine

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Gotta love that sister of mine

Old 05-13-2008, 07:00 PM

Default Gotta love that sister of mine

Just got back from spending 4 days at my sisters place. Monday she kept her word and we drove to the shooting store where she bought me a package of 15, 405g AT Powerbelts

Cant wait to try them out.

Come home and find my dog sitting on my bed with a huge bandage wrapped around his head and neck. My outside dog and he were fighting over a turkey bone that was thrown outside for the other one to eat. The bites dont look to bad, he's had them a few times in the past in the same area, so i'll just have to keep it clean and bandaged.

The other one lost part of his lip, i havent seen it yet, but he might have to be put down depending on how bad it is.

Anyone ever have one of those days where you turn around and some new Bill slaps you in the face? [:@]

Thata HUGE chunk of lead.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Gotta love that sister of mine

FG sorry to hear about your dogs. Hopefully you won't have to put him down, I know how tough that can be.

Cory
Old 05-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Tough luck, man. Hope it works out OK.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:42 PM

Hell with that dog. As long as the inside dog is ok, thats all that matters.

The one that got its lip tore off, his mother and her mother, Used to kill the small sheep we raised. Now this one, He will not let my dog or any other animals near him. Hes just one of those dogs thats great with people, but violet when ever other animals come around.

Hopefully it doesnt rain tomorrow, It poured today. I want to shoot those 405 powerbelts. Those will be shot out of my fathers cabelas hawken. No way in hell i am loading that 6lb mountain stalker with them and a 100g charge!
Old 05-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you got your PB's and sorry about your dogs.
I used to keep deer dogs when we had our club going and was always patching them up and some times putting them down,mostly if the tried to take a tooth to me,that was instant lead poisoning if you know what I mean.
I found some Pyrodex select RS-FFG is that the stuff you shoot? and I found another lot of the platinum 270's.
Good luck with your testing FG and your dog.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:46 PM

yep thats the stuff, its an excellent powder. Very consistant.

I got my stuff all ready to go, rifle loaded, got the capper and powder tubes ready to go. Just have to find a new sand box and put a black dot on it and fill it with sand. I'll have some really nice damp sand in the AM! The rain was turning to slush.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

sorry about the dog fg. our inside dog likes other dogs as long as no one is close to them, sometimes she don't care.

if I deside to take this source from news papers I may do some wet news paper test. if I ever get the range. [&:]