Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Renegade and GPR

Old 05-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Renegade and GPR

Both went for a shoot today. It has been a few weeks since my last outing and the itch was unbearable.
Last night I converted my Black and Decker Workmate into a B&D Shooting Bench. It is actually quite stable, folds up and easily manageable. A friend who is in real estate gave me one of his old open house sign holders and it makes a fantastic target holder.

First up was the GPR. I was holding at the bottom of the top circle. I am getting more accurate with the flintlock, but as you can see I need more work at it. []I'm pretty sure 90 -100 gr Goex 3F probably isn't the most accurate charge for this rifle but I want enough oomph to do the job on deer.

Next up was the TC Renegade caplock. I'm beginning to believe it likes being fed 240 gr XTP Mags. Again holding bottom of the top circle. A real nice group of 4.

Next time out I'll work on the sights for the Renegade to get it up on the circle. Maybe even try feeding her some 340 gr Dead Centers
Old 05-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Renegade and GPR

nice rifles.. and that looks like a lot of fun you had. Another great target stand is election yard signs.. They work great as targets and can be put out easy and at all distances..
Old 05-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Election signs. lol
Then you can really cast your vote.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

HuntAway

Have you shot any PRB's with a wad under the patch? Do you see an improvement in accurracy?

I am just getting inti the PRB thing and am pretty happy with what I am to shoot with both Renegades, but I never tried to tighten the group with a cushion wad underneath. Some have reported better accuracy with the wad...

Old 05-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

HuntAway

Have you shot any PRB's with a wad under the patch? Do you see an improvement in accurracy?

I am just getting inti the PRB thing and am pretty happy with what I am to shoot with both Renegades, but I never tried to tighten the group with a cushion wad underneath. Some have reported better accuracy with the wad...

No I haven't and you just reminded me that I bought some a few weeks back. I forgot all about them. I'll try that next week, weather permitting.