Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My First Time...

Old 05-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default My First Time...

I'm so proud of myself. I just placed my first order from Midsouth. That's all, nothing special. I ordered a couple packs of green crushrib sabots and a T/C U-view powder measure. That's all. Still a little excited though.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: My First Time...

You're in BIG trouble now SuperKirby. Midsouth and Midway get most of my discretionary dollars.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

I'll bet your a cheap date too huh???

Carefull with that mail order stuff, easy to get carried away. You will like the powder measure.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

I told sabotloader that I was going to order a container of BH209 and he replied: "one container, you'd better get four and your going to need..........., I'm looking out the window, waiting my $200+ order to arrive[:@]. Sorry Mike, I had to pick on ya a little.

God Bless,

Ray
Old 05-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah,I would have spent $200 at least, except for that one voice in the back of my head telling me not to spend too much... you know, the one I married. Oh well, she did agree to this, and a box of XTP's, so it's all good.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know that voice very well
Old 05-09-2008, 02:27 PM

Guys............LISTEN TO THE VOICE IN THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD!!!!!!! DO NOT LISTEN TO MIKE!!!!!!!

If you listen to Mike, that little voice will hit you right in the same spot with a cast iron skillet, I KNOW!!!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SuperKirby

I'm so proud of myself. I just placed my first order from Midsouth. That's all, nothing special. I ordered a couple packs of green crushrib sabots and a T/C U-view powder measure. That's all. Still a little excited though.
Now organize yourself so you can repeat buy >>FAST<< by using your MidSouth Wish List and file folders on your Pc, see this thread, which I printed to PDF to help folks like you spend more and enjoy shooting more and get those voices from leaving you head so you can think logical not emotional:

http://www.the-gleasons.com/Tips%20for%20Organizing%20Hunting%20Content.pdf

You will have lotsof extra places to put that extra money your head is tellin' you to spend! Like the $1200or $600check your gonna get for filing a tax return, maybe you can put some of that toward a few extras--new barrel---new shooting rest, more bullets, more powder.

Congratulations, your now offically in the "ML hunting club of high rollers and big spenders", president is Cayugad, who loves new rifles and knows all the Customer Service Reps on a first name basis (Kerry at GM!!).
Chap Gleason
Old 05-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

Sometimes you have to turn the music up a little bit louder when you hear that little voice. It's the voice of reason, but not the voice of fun. And as for the wife, spend some on her too. Better yet sometimes I stop and pick thesewild flowers along the road on my way home from work and she loves them.

cory
Old 05-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: coryj

Sometimes you have to turn the music up a little bit louder when you hear that little voice. It's the voice of reason, but not the voice of fun. And as for the wife, spend some on her too. Better yet sometimes I stop and pick thesewild flowers along the road on my way home from work and she loves them.

cory
Sunday is Mother's day, make Dinner for her--Corn on the cob, potato salad, chicken or steak grilled out, buy her a gift certificate for $50 for Midway's and MidSouth and a pedacue (sp?) gift certificate. My daughter, returning from college tomorrow, suggested kabobs, so we are gonna try that--and she is going shopping for them and we will make them up together. Looking for forward to it. Chap

Quick Reply: My First Time...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.