Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Knight Shadow Reviews? >

Knight Shadow Reviews?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Shadow Reviews?

Old 05-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Knight Shadow Reviews?

I'm helping a friend buy a ML and he asked about the Knight Shaddow. To be perfectly honest, I had forgotten all about it coming out. I haven't heard anything about it since it was announced.Anyone shot one? It's a Knight and it has a GM barrel so I would only assume that it is well made and shoots well.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:39 AM

Default RE: Knight Shadow Reviews?

Style reminds me of the lyman mustang. I havent seen anyone shooting them so, its probably not going to be that big for knight. They have been out for a long while now.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

Style reminds me of the lyman mustang. I havent seen anyone shooting them so, its probably not going to be that big for knight. They have been out for a long while now.
Yeah that's what bothers me is that I haven't heard much about it and I haven't heard of anyone using them and it's been long enough that we should be hearing SOMETHING good or bad.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TNHagies

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

Yeah that's what bothers me is that I haven't heard much about it and I haven't heard of anyone using them and it's been long enough that we should be hearing SOMETHING good or bad.

Has your friend thought about a Knight KRB7. Lots of good reports on those. I got one a couple of months ago. Only been out shooting it once but I like it.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

Has your friend thought about a Knight KRB7. Lots of good reports on those. I got one a couple of months ago. Only been out shooting it once but I like it.
I tried... he doesn't like the feel/action of it. He called me last night and found a Buckhorn and really liked it. I said "Did you pick up the KRB?" he said "Yeah, I didn't like the feel of it like I did the Buckhorn." I said "hmm go pick up the KRB again." I don't know that he's wanting to spend a lot of money yet because he just got married and it's tight right now. It's his money and I can't say much, a big deciding factor in me purchasing a gun is feel so if it feels right to him who am I to say anything different. We'll see, he's got the fever though. He's doomed...
Old 05-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't heard anything about the Shadow either, but wish I could find something about it. My Dad is looking for his first ML and wants to know about it before he gets one.

Personally, I think that since it's a Knight, it's probably pretty good. But it's nothing new or special. The break action has been around for a long time and they didn't do anything to it to make it stand out. I wouldn't mind having one, though.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SuperKirby

I haven't heard anything about the Shadow either, but wish I could find something about it. My Dad is looking for his first ML and wants to know about it before he gets one.

Personally, I think that since it's a Knight, it's probably pretty good. But it's nothing new or special. The break action has been around for a long time and they didn't do anything to it to make it stand out. I wouldn't mind having one, though.
The stock is goofy lookin' in my opinion. But I've never held one so it may feel right. I would be highly surprised if it didn't shoot well. I may have to drive to Bass Pro and see if I can get my hands on one. No one else around here has one.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let me know if you do. I know the stock does look odd, but then look at the CVA Optima. That's a wierd looking stock, but I was surprised at how comfortable that was when I first held one of those, so you never know.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TNHagies

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

I tried... he doesn't like the feel/action of it. He called me last night and found a Buckhorn and really liked it. I said "Did you pick up the KRB?" he said "Yeah, I didn't like the feel of it like I did the Buckhorn." I said "hmm go pick up the KRB again." I don't know that he's wanting to spend a lot of money yet because he just got married and it's tight right now. It's his money and I can't say much, a big deciding factor in me purchasing a gun is feel so if it feels right to him who am I to say anything different. We'll see, he's got the fever though. He's doomed...

If he's looking at $$ and CVA I'd recommend the Wolf over the Buckhorn. I got one over a year ago and it's a shooter for $100 (when I bought mine). I haven't really found anything it wouldn't shoot well. I mounted a Nikon Pro Staff 2x7x32, shoot 2 Pyrodex pellets, 300gr Barnes Expander MZ's with Crushed Rib sabots, and Remington Kleen Bore primers. It shoots great and is easy to clean. Just my .02 cents.