Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 The desire to shoot!! >

The desire to shoot!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The desire to shoot!!

Old 04-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Default The desire to shoot!!

Amazing what some people will do to shoot on the range. I did not realize the snow was that deep in the woods. In fact when seated at the shooting bench, I was actually sitting on the snow level. I had to push my feet under the snow just to get comfortable. But I am sure glad I did.

that's my smoke house (not an outhouse) it will give you some idea how deep the snow really is. In order to get around out there, I had to put on the snowshoes as the snow would not support weight, and you would break through all the way to the inseam of your pants (I found out the hard way how deep the snow was,and then had to go back to the house for snow shoes and stomp a trail out so I could walk around) or up to the bottom of your rear end. But the snow is melting fast with the warm weather today.

That is a FIVE SHOT GROUP done at 25 yards off a bench rest. I was shooting 488 grain conicals made by Bull Shop on top of 70 grains of Triple Se7en 3f powder, no wad, and using a #11 CCI Magnum cap. I need to adjust the scope just a little to the left and it should be good.

On the left is a ten shot group which was the start of the first five shot group. I never swabbed the barrel the entire time of shooting. I then turned the box upside down and shot another five shot group. That is the group on the right of the bull. I can not wait to get the Bushnell 3200 Elite. If they are half as good as Sabotloader says they are, I think this rifle is going to be a real tack driver. And I have the Nikon 1X scope to throw on it for the muzzleloader season...
Old 04-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The desire to shoot!!

nice shooting there,

man, so much for globle warming

Old 04-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Very nice groups Cayugad. Yeah, I guess a 488 grain conical will be enough.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

cayugad

I really hope you like the 3200... the "Firefly" works... I had one of them at one time but for me the dual X was a little to thick. But other than that I really believe in that scope... When it is raining you will see what I am talking about - no scope covers necessary and the view is really clear. Really a smooth adjustment from 3 to 9 power or 2 to 7 which ever one you got.

This is my 3200 mounted on the U-Mag..

Old 04-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

That snow looks pretty good. It won't be much longer until we are looking at this again. Keep in mind, this is in the shade.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Dominant Buck

I got the 2-7x32mmfor $119.00 I could not pass that up. And where I live that is more then enough scope.. It really is smooth.. it just came in the UPS..
Old 04-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

cayugad

Is it on yet? Have you shot with it yet? What's holding you up?

Just thoughtI would ask b4 Semi did?

miek
Old 04-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Dominant Buck

tomorrow I will give it a try and see how it works...
Old 04-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Dominant Buck

kind of nice looking set up. I will have some fun tomorrow with it, if I can get out through the snow. It's getting soft right now out there..
Old 04-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

Nice rig!

Quick Reply: The desire to shoot!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.