Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Good Start

Old 02-25-2008, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Good Start

Thanks for the info and the PM has been sent.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.whitemuzzleloading.com/M97%20Instruction%20Manual.htm basically the same rifle - you can download that or copy and paste it to a word doc or similar. Might need to reformat the font.

If that rifle isn't bedded, I would recommend it - perhaps a bit later. Also, you might want to add some sealant to the inside of the stock.

Semisane, I was looking for strings - didn't see any so just went on down the page.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:16 PM

David

Has your Barrle lug been bedded yet?
Also I would go with a .505 bullet size and a .510A wad card from Track of the wolf I would also pick up some 777 2fg & 3fg and start with 75gr then go up in .5gr incriments.

I do not like a slip fit conical at all I like the rifleings to cut the bullet as it is loaded . And I found alot better Accuracy by useing a over the powder wad also.

I think you may be getting to much blowby as loose as your bullet is . plus not having the right fit on your bullet. Sounds like alot playing aginst you right now . If your stock is not bedded I would Deff. do that first.

Ron
Old 02-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

dmurphy317

I forgot doc had them on line.... the one UC pointed out is pretty much what I have....

I also have some of the orginal White conicals here if I can find them - I'll send them to you. Found them - they mic out .504+

I'll try to get them in the mail this week.... let me know what you think about the online manual...

Might need to check with Dan but I am sure the largest one he makes for the White 504 is .5045 - seems like Cdad and I went through this already...

mike
Old 02-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

UC,
Thanks for the link to the online manual. I will download it, reformat it and print it. As best I can tell the stock is not bedded so I will need to look into that. What type of seallant do you suggest for the inside of the stock?

Indiana Smokepole,
I have around 5 or 6 powders available including the 2 777's you mentioned. I will probably try the 777 3F out next time I get out. Thanks for the other info and ideas.

Sabotloader,
I will download the online manual so thanks for the offer anyway. I do have some 400 grain White conicals I bought some time back to try in another gun, when I ordered them they asked what the bore measured and I think I told them .501 so the ones you have may be larger than the ones I have. If you want to get rid of them I certainly will give them a try. I also need to check with a friend that has a mould for a No Excuses style bullet. I need to find out how big they come out of the mould at, I do know he has sizers for .501 and .502 so they must be larger than that. If they are big enough I may hit him up to let me use it for a few days and see if I can put a dent in the 100 or so pounds of pure lead I have.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

You're welcome, but I have to tell you that owner's manual is mostly garbage and is very outdated. The only thing of real significance in it (beyond the ususal safety rules) is the order of disassembly and reassembly of components. And the biggee there is to remember to remove the trigger first when disassembling the action and install it first (THAT IS THE BIG ONE) when reassembling. If you put the action internals in before installing the trigger, you'll have issues.

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/BOLD%20TRIGGER.doc
Old 02-26-2008, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the heads up UC. Is there a way to make the documents larger, I'm having trouble reading the attachments you sent. Are those available online anywhere?
Old 02-26-2008, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I ran them through my OCR software and they came out worse. Those are images that were originally sent to me by Boyd's.

Ah-hah! Found the same thing in aWord doc at Boyd's http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/BOLD%20TRIGGER.doc - MUCH better
Old 02-26-2008, 09:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

dmurphy317

Here is the web site.... which will give you the PDF file

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/BOLD%20TRIGGER.pdf

Old 02-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the links guys, they are much better.

Any suggestions on what to use to seal the inletting of the stock as mentioned earlier by UC?

As far as bedding the action goes, should I float the barrel or bed the whole thing? What has worked on these guns for youguys?

Quick Reply: Good Start

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.