Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Homework Assignment >

Homework Assignment

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Homework Assignment

Old 02-21-2008, 08:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Homework Assignment

"Crabs" --- "Homeland Security" --- "A Little Humor" ?????????????

Man, it must be mid-winter after hunting season. Everybody is going nuts.

OK, here's your homework assignment. Everyone must go out and shoot a little this week-end and post your targets next week.

We really need something to talk about.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:57 PM

Default RE: Homework Assignment

Im doing bullet testings this weekend hopefully. Damn weather is hard to judge these days.
Going to see if i can make these 295 grain HP powerbelts come apart!
Old 02-21-2008, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

no chit on the weather, I may not have a clear day to shoot until next wed.

I am doing another stock starting tonite, going to be stuck in the house for a day.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Semisane

I spent the afternoon trying to find a place in the woods that i could shoot. Could not even get off the main Palouse River Road - 4' snow banks on both sides... I almost pulled off into a turn out and was just going to load and shoot at something, but better sense got me.... OK I am going to try out the other way tomorrow and see if there is less snow the south and east - Gees it snowed here a bunch this year...
Old 02-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd like to do some shooting, but we're getting a nice snow/freezing rain again tonight. I have new sights on the NewEnglander, a new string for the crossbow, a new string for the (old)recurve bow, a new takedown recurve bow, and a bunch of new accessories to try out -and I can't get to the range we have on the farm whereI hunt! [:@]
And to top it off the storms last winter destroyed the cover (screen house for camping) I had over the shooting bench! Now it's covered with snow and ice. [:'(]
Old 02-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sabotloader, that situation is totally outside of my frame of reference.

Modification: Homework assignment applies only to members south of the snow line - but you have to shoot twice as much to make up for the guys whose sabots (or balls) are frozen.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Modification: Homework assignment applies only to members south of the snow line - but you have to shoot twice as much to make up for the guys whose sabots (or balls) are frozen.
If I sat on that frozen seat at the shooting bench........................
Old 02-22-2008, 07:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Will go to the range tomorrow and try to finish the load work up for my .50 Encore with JSG and the 200 grain Shockwave: Going to try some heavier loads as recommended by guys here. Will also go hog hunting in the afternoon tomorrow and Sunday.

Have a spiffy new left hand CZ 527 American in .223 but no scope for it yet, so it can wait.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

sabotloader, Enjoy the beatifull white stuff, we have not even seen a flake this year. Lee
Old 02-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Okat teach I did what you wanted. I went and shot at an old stump w/ the ML. I was under the eaves of my shed and............well when my daughter got done yelling at me from underneath the ice and snow pile and I cleaned out my coat collar I figured i had had enough of homework for the day!! Oh and the stump is still alive!

Quick Reply: Homework Assignment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.