Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Shipping

Old 01-27-2008, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shipping

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

ORIGINAL: RugerMike

I'm telling you this shipping and handling BS is out of hand!! I ordered a new Ruger SR-9 from a normal supplier of mine almost every week. I was charged $40 next day air and $15 s&H charges as well!!! $55 just to get a pistol next day(ATF rules!)?
Are you sure it is ATF rules. I was told it was a rule that was started by UPS, because they(UPS) was having theft problems with pistols. I was told this charge was very similar to the "Hazardous Materials" charge that UPS decided they needed to charge. Just a way to do an additional ripoff-and driven by the ANTI-GUNNER'S.

I once took a shotgun to USPS to ship. The Post Master told me it was illegal for them to ship a firearm. I called him a liar, and asked him to show me proof that it was illegal. He could not present any proof. To make a long story short he shipped the shotgun.

I am by no means an activist, but sometimes we have to fight back. Tom.

[hr]

HeyTom, to my knowledge you arecorrect. It seems UPS didn't have a handle on their workers and pistols were coming up missing. So to fix the problem theyenlisted the help of their customers by charging us an overnight exorbitant fee.

ATF had nothing to do with it. They got their own problems with their employees!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you have a package ready to ship then USPS will pick it up.
I was ordering some equipment from a bee supplier, shippingUPS was going to be $56.00.
I told them it would fit in a flat rate USPS box and cost only $8.95. they told me it was to much trouble to do that so I told them to forget the order I would get it else where. Next day they called and said they could ship it flat rate to me. I told them I was getting it from a different companywho took the order yesterday.
They now wil ship to me Flat rate and I don't have to ask or tell them.

Al
Old 01-29-2008, 06:45 AM

Tell me about this Midsouth place!!!

Is it a good place to deal with or is it like MidwayArms?
Are most items in stock when you want it?
I don't beleive I have ever heard of them...Johnny
Old 01-29-2008, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/

Here it is. I have bought many things from them and give them a thumbs up.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:42 AM
sup
Spike

Just received one box 300gr xtp mags from midsouth 15.65 + 6.30 shipping[:@] they shipped usps told me it would only be a couple bucks that way. OO WELL CAN'T WIN
Old 01-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

You arent going to find shipping any cheaper than that. I just went to midways and filled out an order for a box of xtps.
15.79 for the bullets
3.00 special handling charge
12.18 for shipping
Total for 1 box of bullets----30.97

So Sup--you got off cheap!!!!!

ANd I didnt order them just wanted see the difference
Old 01-29-2008, 02:18 PM

I just placed an order for 1 box of Nosler 260 gr and1 box of Barnes 250 gr bullets. Shipping and insurance $9.08
Old 01-29-2008, 02:23 PM

that'll make your cheeks sqeeze together.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: gleason.chapman

ORIGINAL: spaniel

I was going to order bulk bullets via Midway in Dec before the price increase, but when I saw the shipping I did not order. Even with the dramatic price increase, it was cheaper to go to the local Gander Mountain.
I find MidSouth Shooters Supplycheaper on shipping and bullets, also pretty fast. Chap Gleason
+1 - I've always been very pleased with MidSouth Shooters Supply
Old 01-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Spike

Well i try to buy from Cabelas as much as possible,because i can look up how much the shipping is before i place my order,via adding how much my order is.I have order stuff all over this Planet in my life time.But Cabelas price most the time is in line with just about all the other's.And Cableas will stand behind there sale better than any place i have dealt with.

Quick Reply: Shipping

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.