Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Kansas to get full power Scopes Also!!!! >

Kansas to get full power Scopes Also!!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Kansas to get full power Scopes Also!!!!

Old 01-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default Kansas to get full power Scopes Also!!!!

The following is an email I received after inquiring about scopes for muzzys in Kansas.

"Allowing scopes on muzzleloaders for the upcoming deer season in 2008 is being considered and probably will pass. Please check our website for changes."

Marilyn Alberg
KS Dept. of Wildlife & Parks
L.E. Division
512 SE 25th Ave.
Pratt, KS 67124

Let the good times roll
Old 01-24-2008, 10:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Kansas to get full power Scopes Also!!!!

I hope it does pass for youLane. We got scopes in Louisiana about four years ago. Made a big difference in my comfort level when taking a shot. I still use iron occasionally, but with my eyesit sure limits my options.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:21 AM

i few years before it became legal in mississippi i was aready using a scope on mine during regular gun season then when primitive season would come around i would have to remove it from the muzzle loader. it was a bunch of trouble doing this but i got good replacing the scope and it didn't take but 4 or 5 shots to get it zeroed. and then it became legal to use all the time, the kills became more easy and the shots were put into places were the animal died more humanely from better shot placement. at first i thought it was the best thing ever but it really took alot of the fun out of it. i find myself using the old side hammers now but if you asked what i think about scopes on front loaders i would say it was the best thing that ever happened to primitive wepon season.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Typical Buck

All I hunt deer with is a ML. Usually the Omega with 3x9 Nikon scope. Every once in a while I get out the New Englander with the fiber optic sights. Got so I could not focus right with the originals.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good I think the "no scopes laws" really are discriminatory; I always used irons until I got to about year 56 then eye problems came along now at 70 I simply can not see irons any more so no scopes would about elimate any chance of me hunting. Lee
Old 01-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

Same here-old eyes just don't focus. My eye Dr. told me the eye loses it's elasticity-has nothing to do with your vision-it's all "mechanical" Even though a lot of people do not like fiber optics,they allow me to shoot OK out to 75-100 yds. I just wish I could have bought TC sights,but they do not make them for the New Englander. Had to go to Williams. They don't have the click adjustment,but are OK.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:34 PM

Lane,
Thanks for the great news....hope it passes. Some day I will get out there to hunt those megabucks. Donn