Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Traditions Pursuit >

Traditions Pursuit

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Traditions Pursuit

Old 01-16-2008, 08:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Traditions Pursuit

Anyone have one of these Muzzle Loaders, or anyone tell me anything about them? My local Walmart has 2 of them left at $139. camo stock with Nickle barerel. I was just wondering if this is a good deal, and looking for some iinfo on it. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:32 AM

Default RE: Traditions Pursuit

My brother has one of those and really likes the gun.It is black synthetic and blued.I have shot it and it is a good shooter.Sounds like a good deal to me for that kind of money.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Typical Buck

I had one and just saw the local Walmart here with a similar close out price. I passed it up as that in my opinion is about what the rifle is worth. Mine was an early model and I have been told that they improved the trigger. I certainly hope so as mine could only be shot twice before your finger got too sore to pull the trigger. If you decide to get it and are interested in a .25ACP conversion breechplug let me know as I forgot to include it when I traded the gun that I had off. Would sell for $40 delivered in continental US with 25 of the .25ACP brass.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Dominant Buck

For that price it is hard to go wrong. I am sure that the Traditions Pursuit would be a good shooter. 90 grains of powder and a projectile and you should be in business. If your shots are 100 yards, it would probably be all the rifle you would need. That really is a good price. I saw them listed at $189.00... so that is some good savings there.

I do not own a Traditions in line rifle. I bought one once. An E - Bolt I believe it was. It was a piece of junk and went back to the store. I do own a number of their traditional style rifles and all of them are good shooters.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Persuit Pro .50 blue barrel & receiver & camo stock. Very accurate with 80 gr ffg T-7 & 300 gr XTP or 100gr Pyrodex & 300 gr XTP.
Got itjust before deer season and didn't have time to play around with loads. The XTP was the first bullet I tried and it was accurate, so I stuck with it for this year's season.
1 shot fired - 1 deer for the freezer!
Old 01-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

unless price is REALLY an issue, I'd hold out for a T/C or knight. I've owned two Traditions and while both were accurate, quality SUCKED. So did their triggers. I had a gunsmith fix the first one and still own it. The second I found got dangerous when the trigger was adjusted, and a pain to clean, and sold it after two years.

I'm sure it'll go bang, but for a few more bucks quality will jump dramatically (as will customer service if there IS an issue). But if you only fire it to check the zero and shoot a deer each year, the price may be right.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

BUY IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are good guns , but i don't like their customer service , or lack of .

They seem to love the XTP 300 grain and 80 - 90 grains of loose powder .

I had one , and a friend and his dad and brothers each have one . They are having good luck with them .
Old 01-20-2008, 11:12 AM

BUY THAT GUN!!!!!! I own a traditions pursuit and it shoots excellent! Make sure you clean it well before shooting, but for the price, itsa dream. Im shooting barnes bullets out of it and triple 7 pellets and making 200 yrd shots no problem and great accuracy! Really nice groups and very easy to clean. My father has an older traditions tracker 209 and its good , but they really came up in quality in the past few years. We dont use them lots out of the year, i prefer my gun season, but i also love my muzzleloader and hunt the entire month allowed up here for it. When the time comes that i pull the trigger, i know that it will perform , and as far as shooting on the range, No kick and great ease in shooting, the trigger comment must have been resolved because i can shoot all day and not be fatigued.