Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Knight Long Range hunter ? any good >

Knight Long Range hunter ? any good

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Long Range hunter ? any good

Old 01-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Knight Long Range hunter ? any good

Was wondering if any owners of this ML would chime in. I have a chance to get onefor a decent price. I was wondering about the ease of cleaning and if you were happy with it, and if you were to buy another ML would you buy this one again. Thanks Bob
Old 01-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Knight Long Range hunter ? any good

I bought a LRH about a month ago but have to wait for better weather to shoot it. Mine is lam thumbhole stock. Feels great when I shoulder it. It is a little heavy if you do alot of walking. As far as cleaning it will clean like the other bolt knights which is easy. Also comes with a breech plug for 209s so you dont have to use the plastic jackets if you dont want to. Thanks Kerry
Old 01-16-2008, 01:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a new one this year. We killed three deer with it. I own and have owned over a dozen MZ's. This is by far the best one I have ever had. It shoots like a dream. Trigger is excellent. Rifle is fullybedded. It is a little heavy, but I like a heavy rifle. It takes about two extra minutes to clean over an Encore.

I personally like the discs. The discsare very easy to handle. I have mine set up to shot out to 225 yards. And it hits the one inch bullseye out to 150 yards, and is within an inch of the bullseye out to 225 yards. I would highly recommend the rifle. Tom.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:42 AM
Spike

I bought one a year ago and killed a doe with mine this past season. I love this gun. Shoots like a center fire rifle.Trigger is the best I've felt from the factory, and cleaning is a breeze. I really recomend the red disc's they are easy to handle,and waterproof. I sat all day in pouring rain before I shot my deer and no problems with the gun going off. I'm including a pic of one of my manyhundred yard sight in targets. The weight is a bit heavy and the pull is a little long for me at 141/2". I took off the recoil pad and installed a butt plate. My advise is buy that gun.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Typical Buck

Did you find a place that is having a close out on these? If so let me know, please. I had a Disc Extreme and like a fool let it go. I've been looking for a deal on a Long Range Hunter as well? you can e-mail me at [email protected]
Thanks
Mike
Old 01-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

are they red disc reusable or do you just throw away after one shot ?
Old 01-16-2008, 08:44 PM
Spike

At the range I have reused them many times,but for hunting I prefer to use new ones because the new plastic forms a very tight seal preventing any moisture from getting in.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Fork Horn

Well i got to hold it today, what a piece of art. It sure does fit the shoulder well. I love the feel, but i dont know if the headache in cleaning it would be worth the accuracy benefits over say a triumph..........im stuck, and my wife keeps making the new stove comments, over all my trips to the gun store ( if you cant pick a gun, ill pick a new stove ) i need to make a decision, wish i could get them both
Old 01-23-2008, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: revpilot

Was wondering if any owners of this ML would chime in. I have a chance to get onefor a decent price. I was wondering about the ease of cleaning and if you were happy with it, and if you were to buy another ML would you buy this one again. Thanks Bob
My son has one, with the new red discs. Very accurate, very water proof over the old origonal disc. His is stainless barrel. Very little blow back into the breech because of the new disc design. he got 3 bucks with his this year in 2 days the first week of ML season. nice handling gun and good stock. he is very happy with it. He uses Nosler Partition 300g, 100g of loose 777 and crushed rib sabot. I bought him a Bushnell Elite Firefly 3x9 for it. Buy it, you won't be disappointed. It will shoot 150 to 200 yards no problem with the right bullet and charge, if your looking for Long Range.
Chap Gleason
Old 01-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

"Headache in cleaning"

At most it takes two minutes more to clean this rifle. What headache are you talking about. Wait until you need to clean the trigger in your TC. Or for that matter wait until you pull the trigger on that TC. Pull the trigger on that Knight, then go pull the trigger on an Omega, Encore, or Triumph. Then let me know about the headache.

Did you clean one of the Knight LRH's?? Tom.

Quick Reply: Knight Long Range hunter ? any good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.